Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

Back when he was League 2 with Plymouth, Conor mentioned his ambition was to play in the Premier League one day. Some rando laughed at him on Twitter and it clearly hit a nerve.

Fast forward a few years, and Conor is now an integral part of a Villa team that’s just won promotion to the PL. How does Conor celebrate? He whips out the phone, goes on Twitter, and solidly rubs it in the rando from years ago’s face.

Petty, yes. But Conor had to graft to make it professionally, he never forgot what he had to do, and the level of determination he has will be very useful when transmitted to the U16s.

Welcome back Conor.

He also would have probably played in a European Championships if he could have scored from 2 yards against Slovakia

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Bizarre take.

He loved giving interviews didn't he.

Moaning about YPOTY Ramsey getting in the side ahead of him, after we won the game. Grealish being "too good" for Villa so may move on.

Right chatterbox.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Moaning about YPOTY Ramsey getting in the side ahead of him, after we won the game.

Moaning about it? He didn't like the fact he wasn't playing and wanted playing time, so he moved on (fair play). That was it wasn't it? And it only came out after he'd gone didn't it? So wasn't disruptive or anything.

Edited by Tom13

Well he's going to be coaching Ramsey's younger brother Cole next season.

thread on topic but there won't be much on topic disccussion to be had as no details on U16 football ever officially published, unless perhaps they win a major trophy as happened this season just gone, but no squad listings, no fixtures, line-ups, or scores ever published officially, I think we've had a few ex players working with U16s over the last few seasons and some of them I'm not even sure it's common knowledge, that's how lowkey it's all kept, so this thread probably going to be mostly about how he's doing as a Derby player, as I doubt we will get much in the way of updated on how his coaching is going.

Might come in handy if we want to sign any youngsters from Derby's academy, have been wondering if we might bring in Kellyman's younger brother, also I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a similar role to Jedinek as a mentor for loan players, Jedinek himself started off coaching our U16s (he might still do) which I imagine helped him build up a rapport with some of the players helping him in his future role mentoring some of them whilst out on loan, Hourihane could do go on a similar path perhaps.

21 hours ago, Enda said:

Back when he was League 2 with Plymouth, Conor mentioned his ambition was to play in the Premier League one day. Some rando laughed at him on Twitter and it clearly hit a nerve.

Fast forward a few years, and Conor is now an integral part of a Villa team that’s just won promotion to the PL. How does Conor celebrate? He whips out the phone, goes on Twitter, and solidly rubs it in the rando from years ago’s face.

Petty, yes. But Conor had to graft to make it professionally, he never forgot what he had to do, and the level of determination he has will be very useful when transmitted to the U16s.

Welcome back Conor.

Even better, the random bloke on Twitter was a Villa fan as well

Thrilled to see his name in the Villa Talk section again. One of my favourite players ever, simply for the determination he always had. He will no doubt be an exceptional role model for the youngsters. Welcome back, Conor!

On 09/06/2023 at 22:15, tinka said:

If he can learn from Emery then hes well on the way to success as a manager/coach. 

The stuff he learned from Unai with a dash of Bruceball to create the ultimate managerial genius

• 6 months later...
Â