Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Frankly I've never seen him do anything in a villa shirt. Just another case of he's been out of the team so long... surely he must be good... Which he ain't. Sadly.

He's never really got a run to prove his worth.

Injuries have dominated his time with us.....I really have no idea whether he's any good or not.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's never really got a run to prove his worth.

Injuries have dominated his time with us.....I really have no idea whether he's any good or not.

True, but he's played enough that I feel an initial assessment is justified. Thus far all I've seen from him is a few "nice touches".

He is on big money and here for another two years. There is no getting rid of him.
If Dean Smith can get him into the side and get him and us playing well with it, then he must. In the meantime we take the £40k a week hit and accept it.

It's the only way we will see any value from him.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

How did he play in his cameo today?

Moved the ball a few times, without overdoing anything. What I think he does bring well, is a little bit of nastiness and leadership. He was shouting at our players to get into position, then whenever we were fouled he’s in the refs war straight away. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Jareth said:

On the counter, he sprinted up the field like Steptoe's dad. 

Yes he really cannot run. It is crazy for a man his age but not the end of the world for a man of his talents at this level.

I thought he did well but a 3 of him Connor and Whelo was always going to struggle. Be interesting how he would have done behind Mcginn.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I assume by the fact that there are no comments yet, he did ok versus Norwich?

Yes, didn’t set the world on fire but didn’t look out of place and integrated well. Pretty good from such a long time out i would say. Useful squad player at most I would say, it’s up to his own desire how far he wants to go, should be pushing wheels and Hourihane for the 3rd midfield berth for me but not sure he wants it that much.

I thought his brain was moving quicker than his body today.

He did ok. Couple of particularly nice balls under pressure that spread the play.

Couldn't shake the feeling though that he saunters around like LeTissier, with about half the ability.

Always tried the right thing when he was on the ball though even if it didn't come off. He has the awareness. Bit off the pace.

He has never really got going, with injuries in abundance and lacking momentum to create form.....Has an eye for a pass, to open teams up.

Good to have him around fully fit.

• Like 2

Glad he had a good game. I am surprised to be honest, he doesnt strike me as a player who will fit in well with Dean Smith's style. I do wonder if he can turn in a similar performance in a higher pressure game. But I am wrong a lot, so fairplay to him.

Â