Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Wow I found this thread languishing down on page 4! Says it all really. Any news on when we might see Henri back?

He's contracted here for another couple of years, so have to hope he can get fit and be useful for us. Hopefully not Micah levels of injured.

Like a joke innit. 

The one player who could have helped out with Jack injured and after half a game in his place he gets an injury that keeps him out for months as well, not just you know 3 or 3 weeks but months. 

What's even wrong with him anyway? 

Why do we have so many players who have lengthy injuries? 

Edited by sidcow

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like a joke innit. 

The one player who could have helped out with Jack injured and after half a game in his place he gets an injury that keeps him out for months as well, not just you know 3 or 3 weeks but months. 

Hamstring I believe.

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like a joke innit. 

Could he replace Jack. He is quite average and a bit of a big time Charlie. Has done nothing since we signed him or even before that

Another black mark on Bruce

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Could he replace Jack. He is quite average and a bit of a big time Charlie. Has done nothing since we signed him or even before that

Another black mark on Bruce

No but he would have been more in that mould than Jedanick or Whelan. 

• Like 1

Feel for Henri. Could've been a decent player for us this season - he's got that bite/aggression we need in midfield. 

Saw a post on his Insta a few weeks ago, just pure frustration - said something along the lines of  "Can someone just buy me a new hamstring please ffs".

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Back in Training will come on for 5m and do his hamstring 

More than likely.

I think if he does make it back but gets injured again before the end if the season then we really should consider his future here imo.

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

More than likely.

I think if he does make it back but gets injured again before the end if the season then we really should consider his future here imo.

The guy has talent and would probably suit the DS style if he applied himself.

However as we all know the injuries are a massive issue, and tbh what's the point of considering his future, with his injury record and salary nobody would touch him with a barge pole.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The guy has talent and would probably suit the DS style if he applied himself.

However as we all know the injuries are a massive issue, and tbh what's the point of considering his future, with his injury record and salary nobody would touch him with a barge pole.

Possibly. And he is contracted for another 2 seasons after this one too.

Just a massive dose of bad luck for him and the club that he did his hamstring just when he could have had a run in the team in Jack's role. Great news he's training again, he's apparently on big money so will have to start earning it t some point.

• Like 2

I'm no doctor ("fremulon") but there must be a fine line between bad luck and not stretching/warming/conditioning yourself enough.
i imagine that if he would put in Ronaldo/ Ryan Giggs levels of commitment to his body he may avoid some of these issues

46 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Just a massive dose of bad luck for him and the club that he did his hamstring just when he could have had a run in the team in Jack's role. Great news he's training again, he's apparently on big money so will have to start earning it at some point.

Micah Richards just burst into uncontrollable laughter after reading this

• Haha 1

Â