Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

His pass for adomahs chance, which was cleared off the line, was amazing. 

He also won the ball which led to the first goal. 

Besides kodjia, my favourite player. 

Agreed. 

Lansbury along with Hourihane show what can happen to players when they move clubs.

For me, Lansbury shouldn't be the main man, he seems to revel in being an all-action player and can help you win any game, as long as you're not relying on him to do it single handedly. He picks it up and gets it moving, you don't want the game going through him. 

Hourihane, on the other hand, is the opposite. He wants to be the creator, every attack started and created by him. Think he excels at being the main man in the middle.

This is why I think Lansbury has looked better from the off for us. He's come into a side where he can play his game without the pressure he had before. Hourihane has always had that pressure and performed well under it, but when he came here that went to an extent. Once we'd been on a bad run and he'd settled in a bit, the pressure was back on and he had adjusted to his surroundings, so he's beginning to show what he's capable of again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Lansbury along with Hourihane show what can happen to players when they move clubs.

For me, Lansbury shouldn't be the main man, he seems to revel in being an all-action player and can help you win any game, as long as you're not relying on him to do it single handedly. He picks it up and gets it moving, you don't want the game going through him. 

Hourihane, on the other hand, is the opposite. He wants to be the creator, every attack started and created by him. Think he excels at being the main man in the middle.

This is why I think Lansbury has looked better from the off for us. He's come into a side where he can play his game without the pressure he had before. Hourihane has always had that pressure and performed well under it, but when he came here that went to an extent. Once we'd been on a bad run and he'd settled in a bit, the pressure was back on and he had adjusted to his surroundings, so he's beginning to show what he's capable of again. 

I agree with you in the main, but I am unsure what you mean by the bolded part. I think Lansbury likes to dictate the play and the tempo, he is almost playing the Scholes role for us at present while Hourihane is indeed far more box to box. More of a Milner if you like.

However you're right to say that I think Lansbury is shining as a sexy fish in a massive pond. It suits him, like it did Scholes who's importance was often underplayed. He just got on with it. We've much better players here than he had at Forest and hopefully we will start to prove that more often. 

Also agree totally with the impression of Hourihane's character. The three of them, with Jedi the enforcer, should not be broken up unless through absolute necessity from now until the end of the season. We need better players behind them too, but they are the dream team. Could be the best midfield in the league next season. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree with you in the main, but I am unsure what you mean by the bolded part. I think Lansbury likes to dictate the play and the tempo, he is almost playing the Scholes role for us at present while Hourihane is indeed far more box to box. More of a Milner if you like.

However you're right to say that I think Lansbury is shining as a sexy fish in a massive pond. It suits him, like it did Scholes who's importance was often underplayed. He just got on with it. We've much better players here than he had at Forest and hopefully we will start to prove that more often. 

Also agree totally with the impression of Hourihane's character. The three of them, with Jedi the enforcer, should not be broken up unless through absolute necessity from now until the end of the season. We need better players behind them too, but they are the dream team. Could be the best midfield in the league next season. 

Totally get the Scholes similarity, I was thinking this the other day. He's got that vision, and passing ability that we've been missing for a long time... possibly since Milner who you also reference.

I very much like him.

The important thing for me that has started to develop, is that each player offers different attributes......we have been too samey for too long.

This creates the blend, that we all talk about

its the differences that is the essence of a team.

good way to go ,but little partnerships are being fixed.

Ps The difference in Hourihane and Lansbury, since Jed returned and they are settling is a stark improvement.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Yeah, very good signing - "only" 26 as well, so not hit his prime but got plenty of experience as a player and as a captain.

Definitely a player who I look at and think "if we get back to the Premier League, he'll do".

Â