Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Of the signings we made in the January window he is the only one that has so far made a positive impact and hit the ground running. He has wanted the ball, wanted to try to dictate play and put himself about getting a foot in. We desperately need the other new signings to step up to the plate quickly.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I really cant figure out why Bruce keeps substituting him, when he is the only one of our midfield players who is standing out and playing well.

Last night I'd say it was because he looked like he could get a booking and that would mean missing Newcastle 

Newcastle is a write off anyway, would rather him miss that and have him for games we have a chance to get something out of. 

Now he'll no doubt get booked against them given his history with them this season and we'll miss him for an easier game. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Newcastle is a write off anyway, would rather him miss that and have him for games we have a chance to get something out of. 

Now he'll no doubt get booked against them given his history with them this season and we'll miss him for an easier game. 

Very much this. It sort of reminds me a game where Balotelli (still at Inter Milan) got booked on purpose in order to miss the next match so that he could play in the derby against AC Milan 2 games later.

Nothing tells of Bruce's tactics and approach more than seeing this player constantly in our own half.

In his debut he made great runs diagonal to the corner of the opposition area, something we were crying out for over and over the other night. But it's clearly already been instructed out of him.

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Would like to see him played in a more attacking role than what he currently does.

That would mean he would play closer to the striker.

That is a big no no under Bruce. Isolate the striker is the way forward apparently according to his tactics :unsure:

Â