Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Looking like a good signing so far to me. Can't wait for Jedinak to come back so he gets to play in the right half soon.

I'd like to see him alongside jedinak with hourihane pushed a little more forward. 

Probably the player with the most quality at the club now for me. Jack has ability, but doesn't show it enough. Lansbury's passing was our only threat against Brentford, once he tired against PNE we fell apart, and once he went off yesterday we couldn't get the ball.

31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Call me crazy I'm going to bet he didn't score all those goals for forest from the edge of his own box.

Im not sure he was Bruce's choice. He certainly doesn't appear to have any intention of using him properly.

I think that's down to the absence of Jedinak

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So whenever we lose Jedi we lose Lansbury ?

Hes no holding MF and it shows.

Well that's my point, he's not a holding MF, it does indeed show, but it's the manager call, I doubt Lansbury wants to play that role, I wasn't having a pop, I was trying to reason why he's not being as effective as he can be. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Call me crazy I'm going to bet he didn't score all those goals for forest from the edge of his own box.

Im not sure he was Bruce's choice. He certainly doesn't appear to have any intention of using him properly.

You're crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, Mammoth10 said:

Well that's my point, he's not a holding MF, it does indeed show, but it's the manager call, I doubt Lansbury wants to play that role, I wasn't having a pop, I was trying to reason why he's not being as effective as he can be. 

I agree.

Im certainly not criticising Lansbury when he had the chance to influence the game he did pretty well.

With three at the back I don't think we needed him there. It was just another bit of the sorry mess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I thought he did well again today and a couple of long range passes really stood out.

As did the fact that he was always prepared to try something.

Considering the shambolic team ' pattern' I thought he did very well and his dummy second half was by far the highlight of the day.

• Like 2

Just now, terrytini said:

I agree.

Im certainly not criticising Lansbury when he had the chance to influence the game he did pretty well.

With three at the back I don't think we needed him there. It was just another bit of the sorry mess.

Agree too. I think it was obvious after 30 minutes today we could have ditched the 3 at the back and maybe tried to take the game on! Like you say, a sorry mess! I think he drops in there too due to frustration, and having a bit more of a winning mentality/trying to influence the game, as a club we've been far too passive, for too long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I agree.

Well with just the 5 defenders on the pitch you really need someone in midfield to drop deep to protect them.. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was probably our best player. I can't think of anyone else who did better, off the top of my head.

I do agree that he was sat too deep, but that's probably on Bruce. 

He was easily our best player. He looks absolute quality at this level. No idea why we insist on holding him back. 

• Like 1

Â