Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

All I am going to say is Lansbury played that well last night that Brentford basically had every one marking him.

Our plan A was to have everything go through him and why wouldn't we? We all saw that pass on the 7th minute to Kodjia. We know that Lansbury can do that all day every day as he pulled of great passes in the previous match as well. Our issue was we had no plan B. When Brentford marked Lansbury out of the game around the 10th minute we fell apart. At that point we should have changed something but we didn't. This resulted in Hourihane lacking someone to link with, Bjarnson lacking someone to link with and Kodjia being completely isolated.

Lansbury may prove to be an asset, but we need to figure out a formation or strategy that makes him harder to mark out of the game. We fell apart when he was nullified so I would focus on that. Make our avenue of attack less predictable as right now Brentford figured us out within 10 minutes. 

Edited by Daweii

Certainly has an eye for a pass and played a couple of delightful passes until they started closing him down - had to sit deeper than normal due to jedinak injured - will be good to see him higher up the field at forest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

The pass he made for that Kodjia chance was delightful, something I haven't seen from a Villa midfielder in ages. 

Yeah that really was something - great to finally have someone with the vision and belief to try passes like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

The pass he made for that Kodjia chance was delightful, something I haven't seen from a Villa midfielder in ages. 

I enjoyed that, was the highlight of the match from a Villa perspective. Hopefully Lansbury, Hourihane, Hogan and Kodjia get can on the same wavelength, quite a prospect.

8 hours ago, Farlz said:

And if kodjia had another  attacking presence in the box with him instead of Adomah man marking the left back we would of scored and it could of been a different game. Very promising I thought, but also turns like a bus

14 hours ago, jimbob80 said:

And if kodjia had another  attacking presence in the box with him instead of Adomah man marking the left back we would of scored and it could of been a different game. Very promising I thought, but also turns like a bus

I very much doubt kodjia would have passed it anyway :) 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, NeilS said:

OK, so he did not get booked last night. Odds on Lansbury scoring against his former club this weekend?

Slight off-topic, but can McCormack and Tshibola play against us?  Because that is bound to bite us in the ass if they can.

21 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yeah that really was something - great to finally have someone with the vision and belief to try passes like that. 

Not just the vision and the pass. He also had the strength to shrug off an opposition player before making that pass. 

That's two passes in his last two games that I haven't seen a villa midfield player make in years. 

I think he's going to be very good for us. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is not a deep lying play maker. He's an attacking mid. 

So play him there. It's actually not that complicated Steve. 

If Jedinak was fit, he probably would have done.

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Slight off-topic, but can McCormack and Tshibola play against us?  Because that is bound to bite us in the ass if they can.

so now we are concerned about 2 players who could do next to nothing for us?;)

Edited by TRO

Usually when ex Villa players play Villa they win and either score or have a stormer. Unfortunately this is rarely the case the other way round when players come to Villa. I fully expect Lansbury if playing against Forrest to have a shocker, but hope otherwise. Like him as a player, not the greatest. It has an eye for a pass and isn't scared of doing dirty work. 

Â