Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is not a deep lying play maker. He's an attacking mid. 

So play him there. It's actually not that complicated Steve. 

I think Bruce sees Lansbury as the new Huddlestone.

1 hour ago, honest_bertie said:

Usually when ex Villa players play Villa they win and either score or have a stormer. Unfortunately this is rarely the case the other way round when players come to Villa. I fully expect Lansbury if playing against Forrest to have a shocker, but hope otherwise. Like him as a player, not the greatest. It has an eye for a pass and isn't scared of doing dirty work. 

This does seem true. However this does remind me of a match from quite a while back now and funnily enough also involving Forest, I remember we had Forest in the FA Cup and the early team news said Franz Carr was in line to play his first game for us, well my old boss and his son are Forest fans and they took the mickey big time before the game, they were not laughing the next day though when Carr scored the only goal in a 1-0 Villa victory. :D Let's hope for a similar result this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

He's not suspended, but he is about to be.

d5527fcb8d6c9a1384c445b7560754aa.png

Does the re-set of yellow cards still happen these days, and if so when does it kick in?

Just now, NeilS said:

Does the re-set of yellow cards still happen these days, and if so when does it kick in?

You no longer get banned for 5 cards after some point in early January, but you now get a ban after 10 cards.  I don't think the 10 card amnesty happens until near the very end.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

You no longer get banned for 5 cards after some point in early January, but you now get a ban after 10 cards.  I don't think the 10 card amnesty happens until near the very end.

I have just done a quick search, and in the Championship it is the second sunday of March when the reset happens. A month earlier than the PL, I guess this is because of the volume of games being far greater.

See link below, and click on 1 game away tab:-

Yellow Card re-set

CAUTIONS   CUT OFF DATES (Inclusive) 5 (Premier League) 31 December
5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November

10 (Premier League)2nd Sunday in April
10 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is not a deep lying play maker. He's an attacking mid. 

So play him there. It's actually not that complicated Steve. 

Is he?

genuine question, I don't know.

From his first game in a villa shirt I assumed he did play deep as he was always dropping into defence to pick up the ball.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Is he?

From his first game in a villa shirt I assumed he did play deep as he was always dropping into defence to pick up the ball.

I'm sure last season, a lot of forest fans loved Gardner because he sat deep and allowed Lansbury to push forward and be effective. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is he?

I see him in that quarterback role that Beckham evolved into with England. Yes he may play deeper (maybe beside Jedinak) but it opens up the field in front of him to ping passes in behind the opposition or wide to our wingers. He has demonstrated in his two games a great range of passing. I only worry about his tackling - he is a bit rash and petulant with it - so maybe Jedinak doing that side of things would help

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is he?

According to Forest fans he is gash in the playmaker role. 

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to Forest fans he is gash in the playmaker role. 

I will reserve my own judgement. Their teams gash so I will wait until he has better players round him before commenting =)

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I will reserve my own judgement. Their teams gash so I will wait until he has better players round him before commenting =)

When is he leaving Villa then?;)

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They didn't say he was gash overall, only that the role doesn't suit him. At all. That he is defensively poor, loses his head too often. He's a much better player when moved further forward, where he can create and score goals. 

I've seen signs of all of that already. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Maybe right DDID his passing was excellent initially on Tuesday but we were obviously very weak from an organisational perspective in midfield but he doesn't get all the blame for that. 

I suppose in absence of Jedi it's a bit needs must at the moment. Maybe despite the potential weaknesses Bruce things he'll bring more the team in that role than say Gardner 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well, we don't know that. Either way, if Lansbury is second in line to Jedinak for the DM position then we want to hope Jedi doesn't pick up another injury this season. 

Yes I agree, I think Jedinak is important for the balance.

Dave for me.....Lansbury is primarily an attacking midfielder.

Looks too good for this level. He can actually pass a ball which is something we have lacked for a long time. The problem is that nobody else seems to be on his wave length. Maybe if we had a manager who encouraged passing football this lad could really shine. Instead the ball is hoofed all around him. 

• Like 1

Â