Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

34 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Personally Id have him on loan as our #2 keeper and try to get Westwood from Sheffield Wednesday as #1

United would want him playing games and Johnstone wouldn't come here as number 2 keeper - Bruce will have him as first  choice - I agree with you Westwood from Sheffield weds would have been a far better option .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Johnstone is at the Telford game. He's been signed permanently on a 2 year contract 

That's shocking if true! 2year contract for a young lad is a bit weird 

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:40, dn1982 said:

What's the point in John Terry then? We are signing players to improve the team this season. SJ will be here a long time if we go up. That's the most important thing. Whether that be signing Terry for a year or SJ. 

John Terry is at the other end of his career, and had been brought in to help inspire good practice/attitude (football wise not shagging players girlfriend wise) among the team/squad/club.  Something that has been lacking for a long time.  Terry brings something unique that isn't available elsewhere.  We are also not paying out a fee for Terry.

Sam Johnstone is at the beginning of his Career and still learning, so Man U send him out to get rid of his jitters before having him back?  Sam Johnstone does not bring anything extra to the club apart from being better than Bunn.  As people have said there is better out there for the money.  If though we signed him not loaned him that is a big difference because as we hope he has a good season next year in our team, he will still be our player.  At the moment we have the issue where end of next season he could be in demand and we have no say in the matter.

8 hours ago, NIVillan said:

John Terry is at the other end of his career, and had been brought in to help inspire good practice/attitude (football wise not shagging players girlfriend wise) among the team/squad/club.  Something that has been lacking for a long time.  Terry brings something unique that isn't available elsewhere.  We are also not paying out a fee for Terry.

Sam Johnstone is at the beginning of his Career and still learning, so Man U send him out to get rid of his jitters before having him back?  Sam Johnstone does not bring anything extra to the club apart from being better than Bunn.  As people have said there is better out there for the money.  If though we signed him not loaned him that is a big difference because as we hope he has a good season next year in our team, he will still be our player.  At the moment we have the issue where end of next season he could be in demand and we have no say in the matter.

If he has a good season he will be our player. You are worrying about next season when it's this year that matters. If we don't go up we will have to reevaluate everything anyway. You've admitted he is better than what's we have and I trust the management team if they think he's the best we can get. I can understand you wanting a different keeper who you think is better but don't understand you Miami g about the type of deal. If he ends up wanted by Man Utd or anyone else it'll mean he's been brilliant for us. Personally I think if we go up he signs permanently if we don't as I mentioned things will change anyway. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/14/johnstone-joins-villa-on-loan

Aston Villa are pleased to announce the signing of Sam Johnstone on a season-long loan.

Goalkeeper Johnstone spent six months with us last season after joining from Manchester United in January 2017, making 22 appearances for the claret and blues.

Johnstone has now rejoined the club and will link up with Steve Bruce’s side as we continue pre-season ahead of the 2017/18 campaign.

He said: “I am delighted to be back.

“I really enjoyed my last spell here – it’s a great club with top players and passionate fans. 

“I can’t wait to get started now. 

"I believe it can be a special season for all of us and I will be working hard each and every day to produce the kind of performances that will help us achieve what we’re aiming for.”

Â