Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Hopefully we have first option on signing him, as on that performance he'll be off to a lower half PL club in the summer. 

Would he though? I think at this stage of his career being a number 1 keeper is probably the most important thing to him.

Even if we don't come up this year, if Bruce keeps him between the sticks from now until the end of the season i think the kid would have a real decision to make. 

Stay at a big club (who would probably be amongst the favorites for promotion next year) where you are number 1, or go to a Bournemouth, Stoke, Palace etc. 

I think we have a great chance of keeping him.

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Come on JV you know what they mean. Excellent maybe a tad OTT but he was impressive on debut against a good team. Excellent is a bit excited but despite conceding to goals he sounded like he was confident, in command of his area and made some top saves. You fly the flag for positiveness, remember?

@Villan_of_oz this was actually sarcasm aimed at the people who had a huge go at it last week because someone made a comment in passing that they thought Gabby was "excellent" when he came on. Chaos ensued and among the bat shit crazy comments were "how could he have been excellent when we lost"? (As if he was defending or keeping lol). So I thought it only right to retort with some bollox, the culprits know themselves lol, hence why they have stayed far from it!

On a serious note though he looked good.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The lone bright spot on the day. Looks like a good player, positive presence, big guy, encouraging his teammates. I likes.

Even before he had a save to make i felt comfortable with him, he just seemed to be a big presence.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He has a great kick on him that's fir sure. Impressive debut. Let's hope god doesn't go down the gollini route 

SJ had an impressive debut so he's already on a different route ....

Last week some of the rags were reporting that is could agree a loan with an option to buy in the summer. Has anything been reported since? Or have we agreed nothing more than a loan?

Â