Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

I wish him the best also and know nothing about what ability he has or hasn't, but I don't really get this.

I presume Gollini will be loaned back to Italy and Bunn will become No2. If Gollini becomes No3 then I think that is a ridiculous waste of talent.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really don't think Bunn is that bad. Not good enough to be a number 1, even at this level, but I think he's a decent backup.

But the logic of "he can't be any worse" just doesn't work. Of course he could.

If Villa had just signed me as their new keeper would you be saying "well he can't be any worse than Bunn!"

I hear what your saying but hopefully having worked with one if the best keepers in the world in de gea hopefully odds are good that he will be better than mark bunn who I think is a pretty poor keeper.

Welcome Sam, I think this is a great opportunity for all parties. Except possibly Gollini or Bunn one of whom are likely to be pushed to third keeper. Presumably Sarkic (is that his name?) will still be youth keeper.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would've preferred an experienced head in, never seen this guy play, but I wish him well and hope he's ready. In Bruce we trust.

Yes,  it baffles me. I said when we signed Golloni that I didn't understand why we couldn't just go out and sign an experienced reliable stopper from one of the top Championship teams.  Even prizing away one of the best keepers in The Championship wouldn't hardly cost anything. 

Instead we have these young players learning their trade during the middle of a crucial season for us.  I hope he is brilliant but I don't get the gamble. 

I would have preferred a more experienced keeper. Another up and coming youngster seems too much of a gamble and no real difference to Gollini. Bunn is not good enough and Gollini has had his fair share of mistakes and is weak on crosses and corners, so hopefully Johnstone will be better. To achieve promotion we need a consistent keeper who wins us games now and then. Please become Big Sam for us :rolleyes:

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Skeptical this is the way to go but if he improves us for the rest of the season it's worth it. However I hope we haven't given up on Gollini completely.

Edited by Hornso
Me grammar n that
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I would have preferred a more experienced keeper. Another up and coming youngster seems to much of a gamble and no real difference to Gollini. Bunn is not good enough and Gollini has had his fair share of mistakes and is weak on crosses and corners, so hopefully Johnstone will be better. To achieve promotion we need a consistent keeper who wins us games now and then. Please become Big Sam for us :rolleyes:

Heres my issue with this. We have one. Its Bunn. However, he is shit. 

Its not always about experience or youth. Gollini is young and has potential.. but he seems to have made quite a few errors and maybe our defenders dont feel confident with him back there. We dont know. He may come good in the future but right now he is not ready. A loan somewhere may be beneficiary for the young lad. Bruce and the scouting team believe Johnstone is good enough NOW and also attainable if we get promoted. Just because he is also young.. does not mean he is not ready.

I do agree that it is a gamble.. as i would have preferred a ready made proven experienced keeper.. but just like McCormack.. doesnt always work out. Only time will tell if he is proven right. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Â