Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

If we're judging him by the same standards that Gollini was judged, then we need to replace him already.

Piss poor error for the goal - the only thIng he really had to do and he fluffed his lines .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

It's only fair. Are their any other young relatively inexperienced 'keepers we could try?

Get them all. Get them all in. Who needs a relatively cheap keeper who's been solid in the championship for 5 or 6 years when you can get some kid in? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I really hate our fanbase at times.  The guy has played 2 games - had a blinder in the first one and made an error in this one.

He's now "a clown", "doesn't have the bollocks to play for the club" and is "error prone".

**** off.

Presumably it's different posters?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you think they are? I'm genuinely interested

Midfield, including the wide players. But mainly centrally. We have absolutely nothing in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Be patient with him, he's still young for a keeper, I think he has great presence

But that exactly what people say about Gollini. What's the point in replacing one rookie keeper with another. He was at fault of the goal and I don't feel we have really learned our lesson with regards to goalkeepers. We should be looking to bring in a good, experienced goalie .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

But that exactly what people say about Gollini. What's the point in replacing one rookie keeper with another. He was at fault of the goal and I don't feel we have really learned our lesson with regards to goalkeepers. We should be looking to bring in a good, experienced goalie .

From what I've seen of both keepers over the years at youth and senior level, I'd say that Johnstone is better currently but it might change in the future. I think it's good to have competition for places all over the pitch

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

From what I've seen of both keepers over the years at youth and senior level, I'd say that Johnstone is better currently but it might change in the future. I think it's good to have competition for places all over the pitch

But Gollini is being shipped out. Johnstone is a replacement for him. 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Be patient with him, he's still young for a keeper, I think he has great presence

If we bought him I would agree but we only have him for on loan for half a season. We need him to be performing now, not when he matures.

However in saying that, I'm not going to write him off after 2 games and 1 mistake but we can't afford for things like that to happen more than once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matrim said:

If we bought him I would agree but we only have him for on loan for half a season. We need him to be performing now, not when he matures.

However in saying that, I'm not going to write him off after 2 games and 1 mistake but we can't afford for things like that to happen more than once.

2 mistakes. He messed around with the ball at his feet and the Wolves player closed down the clearance. He was just fortunate it wasn't punished.

• Like 3

First league game and he cost us a point, lets hope he learns from this, still a way to go to catch up with the amount of points Gollini has cost us. But to be honest we shouldn't be playing such inexperienced keepers, a steady keeper who doesn't make silly mistakes would have been the ticket. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

2 mistakes. He messed around with the ball at his feet and the Wolves player closed down the clearance. He was just fortunate it wasn't punished.

If its the same one I am thinking of I think he got a bad pass which allowed Bodvarsson chance to close him down though I have only seen it once

Just now, Zatman said:

If its the same one I am thinking of I think he got a bad pass which allowed Bodvarsson chance to close him down though I have only seen it once

I could very well be remembering incorrectly, but I'm fairly sure he took far too long with the ball.

I think he has got great presence, ok he made a mistake today but I'd back him to get it out of his system pretty sharpish. He can still be an outstanding keeper for this football club in my opinion and assist in our hopeful 'play off push'

Sorry Bruce, but you got this wrong.

Baker will always miss a few games with injuries.

Elphick is not good enough

Amavi's head has gone

& Hutton is Shite

meaning we have only 1 defender (till he gets injured) all the time or 2 most of the time.

Then SB buys an inexpienced young Gk behind a mistake ridden back 4

simply wrong

Â