Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

I'd of thought he has been signed on loan with a view to signing him permanently.

With De Gea being only 26 if he stays at United he is either looking at years of loan moves or half a dozen cup games a season but the rest of the time sitting on the bench at united. If the lad has any ambition I'd imagine he'll want stability and first team football.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd of thought he has been signed on loan with a view to signing him permanently.

I very much doubt it.

If you were United would you agree a clause with a set price? Why hamstring yourself like that, he could do brilliantly and they end up having to sell him cheap.

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I guess it is easier to cut some slack for a guy who has (so far) only made one error vs a keeper who has made multiple costly errors this season.

You could argue that people jumped on Gollini immediately and didn't cut him any slack. You're generally not one for cutting much slack either, in all fairness.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I very much doubt it.

If you were United would you agree a clause with a set price? Why hamstring yourself like that, he could do brilliantly and they end up having to sell him cheap.

I am not saying a deal has been agreed but I'd imagine that if he does OK we will be looking to sign him permanently and for the reasons I gave in my previous post I'd like to think the lad would be open to that.

20 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not saying a deal has been agreed but I'd imagine that if he does OK we will be looking to sign him permanently and for the reasons I gave in my previous post I'd like to think the lad would be open to that.

Sorry misread it, yes you are probably right.

We are though still developing their player and should we try and sign him in the summer will be paying extra having done so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that some of the comments in this thread are unfair, Johnstone will be outstanding in the long term in my opinion, he has a great aura about him and can dominate his area. Yesterday was a blip but I think he has a strong mentality and he will bounce back, just be patient with him

the longterm meaning when he's back for United or has signed for Sunderland or Everton

10 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

As daft as calling that a mistake for their goal? 

I'm usually quick to jump to the defence of a keeper on here when he's being harshly criticised. 

But yesterday absolutely was a mistake by him. You can't deal with a cross like that. You're asking for it to be punished. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Not interested in debating it with you otherwise you'll claim I think we should sign De Gea or something.

But is that not the standard some people expect? 

I don't know what else he could have done with a cross fired in, fairly close to him, with a defender in the way who could have quite easily deflected the cross in for an OG?

I doubt de gea would've done much better tbh

17 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

But is that not the standard some people expect? 

I don't know what else he could have done with a cross fired in, fairly close to him, with a defender in the way who could have quite easily deflected the cross in for an OG?

I doubt de gea would've done much better tbh

I've seen more experienced keepers make similar errors, if it had fallen to a defender rather than their striker no one would be talking about it, I couldn't see if he was unsighted or not.

Edited by VillanousOne

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I've seen more experienced keepers make similar errors, if it had fallen to a defender rather than their striker no one would be talking about it, I couldn't see if he was unsighted or not.

Defender and striker ran towards the cross so really the keeper is hanging back slightly in case it takes a deflection. So he can only react once its past those 2 players, which, in my eyes gives him very little time. He gets a good, strong hand on it and bats it away.

Then yes, it falls to a striker who hits it into the ground and it goes in. Really harsh to call that a mistake imo.

34 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

the longterm meaning when he's back for United or has signed for Sunderland or Everton

I doubt Sunderland will be after him because they have Pickford and Mannone, Everton have Stekelenberg and Robles, I doubt either of those would prioritise buy or loaning a new keeper

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I doubt Sunderland will be after him because they have Pickford and Mannone, Everton have Stekelenberg and Robles, I doubt either of those would prioritise buy or loaning a new keeper

it was more that a Premiership club will probably steal in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt see the game was he at fault for the goals?

No couldnt do nothing pretty much had nothing else to do all game bar the goals,came and punched well and good with the ball.

2 minutes ago, midian said:

No couldnt do nothing pretty much had nothing else to do all game bar the goals,came and punched well and good with the ball.

cool, just saw his thread bumped that he was going be blamed on the goals

not a fan of his punching though

1 hour ago, midian said:

Disagree, a couple of the punches put us under pressure when they should have been caught. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2017 at 15:20, markavfc40 said:

That was the idea for Cleverley. Then when he finally stated to play in the last 2 months of the season he buggered off to the Everton reserve team.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â