Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Just don't agree with Bruce on this one.

We've swapped a keeper we own with potential for one we don't so we are now developing someone else's keeper.

Play offs are gone, we should have stuck with Golini.

Totally agree - united are not going to let Johnstone leave so without an option to buy it was pointless in the long run - no doubt another keeper will be needed in the summer hopefully proven and experienced.

i would have stuck with gollini too

Edited by Eastie

13 hours ago, Eastie said:

Piss poor error for the goal - the only thIng he really had to do and he fluffed his lines .

Im sorry but i must be missing something....the guy made a save from a cross where his defender ran across his sight of vision...he saw that at the very last minute....what the hell do you people expect!!

Really..what did you expect...i want to know?? 

7 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Im sorry but i must be missing something....the guy made a save from a cross where his defender ran across his sight of vision...he saw that at the very last minute....what the hell do you people expect!!

Really..what did you expect...i want to know?? 

Are you seriously suggesting he did well on the goal - I expected far better from him !

No question it was poor goalkeeping as I'm sure he would be the first to admit .

all keepers will make mistakes , I was impressed v spurs and hope he can put this behind him and has a blinder against Preston .

Edited by Eastie

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Totally agree - united are not going to let Johnstone leave so without an option to buy it was pointless in the long run - no doubt another keeper will be needed in the summer hopefully proven and experienced.

i would have stuck with gollini too

Well if we don't sign Johnstone we will definitely need one as Golini is on an 18 month loan,

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well if we don't sign Johnstone we will definitely need one as Golini is on an 18 month loan,

I'd expect bunn to be gone in the summer too so Jed steer will probably be back up to whoever is first choice .

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Are you seriously suggesting he did well on the goal - I expected far better from him !

No question it was poor goalkeeping as I'm sure he would be the first to admit .

all keepers will make mistakes , I was impressed v spurs and hope he can put this behind him and has a blinder against Preston .

We made plenty of mistakes yesterday, that wasn't one. Good luck with your search for the 'perfect' keeper....I'm guessing you will be dissapointed for a long time yet

• Like 1

I think that some of the comments in this thread are unfair, Johnstone will be outstanding in the long term in my opinion, he has a great aura about him and can dominate his area. Yesterday was a blip but I think he has a strong mentality and he will bounce back, just be patient with him

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that some of the comments in this thread are unfair, Johnstone will be outstanding in the long term in my opinion, he has a great aura about him and can dominate his area. Yesterday was a blip but I think he has a strong mentality and he will bounce back, just be patient with him

That's the thing I would be patient if he was ours, he isn't. We are doing another club a favour, not sure if Bruce has a history of doing this but I don't like it. I'd rather have been patient with Gollini especially now with playoffs not looking likely. By the time Johnstone adapts he is back off to United, pointless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

That's the thing I would be patient if he was ours, he isn't. We are doing another club a favour, not sure if Bruce has a history of doing this but I don't like it. I'd rather have been patient with Gollini especially now with playoffs not looking likely. By the time Johnstone adapts he is back off to United, pointless. 

He isn't ours but is he going to get a look in at Man Utd with De Gea and Romero as back up? I don't think he is, in my opinion, Johnstone will be outstanding in a few years.

34 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

We made plenty of mistakes yesterday, that wasn't one. Good luck with your search for the 'perfect' keeper....I'm guessing you will be dissapointed for a long time yet

You might want to read what he actually posted, it might stop you making daft strawman posts like this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You're right, but I'm just sick and tired of goal keepers costing us this season, if it wasn't for the errors of Gollini for instance, we'd be much closer to the play offs right now. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're right, but I'm just sick and tired of goal keepers costing us this season, if it wasn't for the errors of Gollini for instance, we'd.........

.......still have RDM as manager

When our interest in this guy was first reported, it was said to be a loan with a view to a permanent deal at the end of the year. I presume nothing ever came of that, and the deal is just a loan?

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Had Gollini been in goal and that happened, I suspect he would be getting dog's abuse again. 

I guess it is easier to cut some slack for a guy who has (so far) only made one error vs a keeper who has made multiple costly errors this season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Midfield, including the wide players. But mainly centrally. We have absolutely nothing in the middle of the pitch.

I would say the full backs are iffy too

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just don't agree with Bruce on this one.

We've swapped a keeper we own with potential for one we don't so we are now developing someone else's keeper.

Play offs are gone, we should have stuck with Golini.

Spot on.

Â