Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Sky Sports are idiotic.

They've created a highlights package of the game which is essentially Johnstone making saves but give MOTM to Snodgrass. :blink:

Johnstone would have won it but for that outstanding goal . Main thing is we won as a team and are in it together 

6 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

He’s putting together a brilliant season for a young keeper. He’s got serious potential and a deal to get him permanently in the summer would be fantastic for the club.

United still have another contract option on him in the summer and the fee will rise if they are prepared to sell as he’s certainly making people notice him - I’d be happy should we go up and keep him .

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Sky Sports are idiotic.

They've created a highlights package of the game which is essentially Johnstone making saves but give MOTM to Snodgrass. :blink:

Score a goal and you're MOTM.

I remember watching a game where Sturridge came on for Liverpool (from memory) on about the 85th minute. He scored and got MOTM.

How can you be MOTM when you play for 5 minutes?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Score a goal and you're MOTM.

I remember watching a game where Sturridge came on for Liverpool (from memory) on about the 85th minute. He scored and got MOTM.

How can you be MOTM when you play for 5 minutes?

well if you single handily WON the game for a team with your individual brilliance.. you could argue that hes man of the match as he was the goal scorer that created it out of nothing. Plus it was a worldie. 

Johnstone saved us many times as well but strikers get the headlines. Nothing new there. 

I didnt rate him much.. hes slowly starting to prove me wrong.. i still believe alot of the clean sheets were because of our defence (not much to  do in a lot of them) but he earnt his due last night. Fantastic performance. 

59 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If we did look to sign Johnstone, i’m wondering how much he would cost. He’s got one year left on his deal, I think?

If Pickford cost Everton £30m, then what, say £10m for Johnstone? I really don’t know.

Doubt he would cost that much with one year left on his contract - unless united tie him to a longer deal he will be relatively cheap.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm delighted with Johnston but surely any keeper at this level would make the saves he made yesterday? 

I think people are getting a little carried away from his performance. 

The one down to his right that he saw late was pure reaction and a great stop imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

The one down to his right that he saw late was pure reaction and a great stop imo.

He saw it late with players in his way and was top notch save , strong hand too .

im still a bit worried he stays on his line on corners inside the 6 yard box but generally he’s been very good this season .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, omariqy said:

Tbf I think he has faced one of the most shots in the league.

Not even remotely true. We are 8th for least amount of shots against per game (11.9)

Sheffield Wednesday are top with 10, Ipswich are last with 15.6.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/6848/Stages/15177/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2017-2018

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If we did look to sign Johnstone, i’m wondering how much he would cost. He’s got one year left on his deal, I think?

If Pickford cost Everton £30m, then what, say £10m for Johnstone? I really don’t know.

I had my head bitten off here at the start of the year suggesting £10m. Yes, I think £10m.

• Like 1

Â