Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

On 18/02/2018 at 20:28, lapal_fan said:

We can thank him for his 2 wonder saves vs Millwall.

That would have been 3 points if the rest of the team had been arsed and done their jobs.

He's a keeper, his mistakes lead to conceded goals. He won't do it again.

Give him a break.

You jinxed him

• Like 3

For the sake of his career he needs a GK coach who will help him develop his game in the air. Be it here or at some other club.

ATM he's a liability every time the ball is crossed into the box.

Hopefully these last 2 games won't get inside his head because if he reverts back to last season's form we are screwed.

Whenever we concede a corner I absolutely dread it, he really is not comfortable coming for crosses or commanding his area. Can't remember ever having a keeper who struggles so much at dealing with corners. The mistake at Fulham you can put down as a one off, but corners its a regular occurrence. If we go up, I hope we buy someone better. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Whenever we concede a corner I absolutely dread it, he really is not comfortable coming for crosses or commanding his area. Can't remember ever having a keeper who struggles so much at dealing with corners. The mistake at Fulham you can put down as a one off, but corners its a regular occurrence. If we go up, I hope we buy someone better. 

I was thinking earlier about how many goals we have conceded from corners. 

Similarly, why are so many other teams able to deliver killer balls into the box whereas we can take dozens which float long time after time. 

Right now, he's a very good Championship goalkeeper but he does make mistakes like any goalkeeper. I think he will be very good in the future, if we do sign him, he could be our number one for the next 10 years. I think he is good enough for the Premier League be it here or another club. If we don't sign him permanently, we might regret it in the coming years

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Having seen the highlights this morning, I didn't actually realise that his attempt to save the effort after his pathetic punch actually took the ball away from Terry and Chester on the line who you'd think would have cleared it from there.

I have my reservations with him. ha scost us twice with quite simple errors but he has shown he can make superb saves as he saved us 2nd half. i am not sure as he always looks like he ha s a clanger in him . he needs to cut the crap and get back to basics as its costing us 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Having seen the highlights this morning, I didn't actually realise that his attempt to save the effort after his pathetic punch actually took the ball away from Terry and Chester on the line who you'd think would have cleared it from there.

Yes it was terrible goal keeping 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Right now, he's a very good Championship goalkeeper but he does make mistakes like any goalkeeper. I think he will be very good in the future, if we do sign him, he could be our number one for the next 10 years. I think he is good enough for the Premier League be it here or another club. If we don't sign him permanently, we might regret it in the coming years

Currently, he's not good enough for the premier league.

I acknowledge he has potential. He's improved from last season. But he has major flaws that would be exposed in the Prem. I'd be very nervous about next season if he was our number 1.

• Like 2

Two costly mistakes in  2 games - needs to get his act together and fast - problem is bunn is far worse so no choice but stick with him .

that punch was weak as piss , needs to sort himself out much better on crosses.

Â