Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

So, something I didn't realise until the stat was flashed up this game, Johnstone has the best save ratio in the Championship.

Keep it up Sam!

Over 75% I think. Also 12 clean sheets this season I believe!

Impressive stats!

The save today from the shot from distance was class. The ball had wicked movement on it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Decent news as far as continuity is concerned but Steer is just as capable so he wouldn't be that much of a loss.

I agree...but Jed Steer is out for the season so at least in short term this is good news.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, omariqy said:

He was brilliant today. Made some really good saves. He is a young goalkeeper and definitely one of the better ones I have seen at his age.

His shot stopping is excellent. His kicking is “patchy”. I think “brilliant” would require much better use of the ball. Part of the reason the second half was pretty ropey was the tendency of the outfield players to back pass and then SJ would frequently kick the ball straight to Barnsley. It absolutely favoured them, not us. That situation wasn’t Sam’s making, but it handed the advantage to Barnsley. So the outfield players should have been told to stop passing back so much, and Sam’s kicking needs to be more accurate for him to be brilliant.

I think he's decent enough in this league. I wouldn't be too confident if he was our keeper next season if we go up.

I'm just unsure. No problem if we do sign him for a decent enough fee. But i won't be upset if we looked elsewhere.

I think he is typical of a developing Goalkeeper.

Good shot stopper ( its usually what they get right first)

some of the other things improve in time.

I think he has the hallmarks of being a very good goalkeeper in time.

• Like 1

Â