Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

59 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Think Johnstone is solid, no more, may well develop his aerial ability as de gea did.

More annoyed as I bought my 9 year old a goalie top 3 weeks ago with Johnstone on the back. Goes well with his brothers Tishbola one !

Have they been naughty?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My hill is available on a free come the summer. If we are still in this league he would be a good number one on free as can't see us signing Johnstone on a free

Don't rate him.

Well he is up to him but he will be throwing away a first choice start and being part of a settled team for a season to be a back up with a club which usually has a high turnover of managers and could get relegated. For his long term development it would be better to stay here, complete the season and review his options in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

My hill is available on a free come the summer. If we are still in this league he would be a good number one on free as can't see us signing Johnstone on a free

Might need some clarification on FA rules on this one, but I'd definitely bring him in. Sounds like a man mountain.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I've got a slope that's available for free if anyone is interested. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

If it's between us or West Brom, he'd be silly not to pick West Brom.

Guaranteed Premier league football is better, and he'd presumably have a chance to prove himself in a better league. 

He would be second to Foster so depends if he wants to play or wants to sit on a bench. 

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He would be second to Foster so depends if he wants to play or wants to sit on a bench. 

It wont be his choice, he cant refuse to be recalled from a loan. FFP would then dictate if we can match WBAs bid or not

edit - sorry VLV  i just realised you were responding to Czechlads hypothetical question. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Guaranteed Premier league football is better, and he'd presumably have a chance to prove himself in a better league. 

Yeah for about 20 weeks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Agreed, a much better team, and frankly club at the moment. Our wheels could fall off big time. 

If i was him i would stay put and consider my options in the summer.

Can't see this happening, he'll be worth more at the end of the season and although there is a contract it would be terrible faith to do this to us, it's not as though Man U need the 4 mill this window.

Xia has tweeted that Johnstone is going nowhere (so it's fitting he's at Villa)

Meanwhile Man U reserve keeper Sergio Romero is looking to leave in January to keep his place in the Argentina  WC squad and if so they will need a new keeper...

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Xia has tweeted that Johnstone is going nowhere (so it's fitting he's at Villa)

Meanwhile Man U reserve keeper Sergio Romero is looking to leave in January to keep his place in the Argentina  WC squad and if so they will need a new keeper...

If united call him back then we cannot do anything about it but hopefully we can thrash out an agreed price for the summer depending on promotion and keep  him  until may 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

If united call him back then we cannot do anything about it but hopefully we can thrash out an agreed price for the summer depending on promotion and keep  him  until may 

I doubt the Doc would have tweeted he is staying if there was a chance he could be recalled. 

On 02/01/2018 at 22:30, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt the Doc would have tweeted he is staying if there was a chance he could be recalled. 

DrT‘s lackies can tweet what they like. If ManU lose a keeper and cant get a replacement they will recall him.

Also, if they have their eye on someone for around 4mill then its a good move FOR ManU to 1- recall 2- sell 3- buy

We shouldnt be under any illusions, ManU dont give a f*** about us

On 31/12/2017 at 22:35, Czechlad said:

Guaranteed premier league football until May

Â