Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

DrT‘s lackies can tweet what they like. If ManU lose a keeper and cant get a replacement they will recall him.

Also, if they have their eye on someone for around 4mill then its a good move FOR ManU to 1- recall 2- sell 3- buy

We shouldnt be under any illusions, ManU dont give a f*** about us

Nothing to do with Man Utd caring about us, more to do with the terms of the contract agreed between the clubs. There will be deals where there is no recall option.

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Nothing to do with Man Utd caring about us, more to do with the terms of the contract agreed between the clubs. There will be deals where there is no recall option.

it is because

it is how it is

this deal (as said on vt) has the recall option

ManUre will act in their own interest regardless how you argue a toss or not

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

it is because

it is how it is

Manure perhaps insistant that a recall option was in place or they may not have sanctioned the loan move in the first place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

it is because

it is how it is

Well when he signed it was as a season long signing, that would indicate no recall option.

It is not about me arguing the toss, it is about contract law. I don't know the terms of the contract and neither do you, but you'd hope the club do know contract terms and that's why they are sure he won't leave

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well when he signed it was as a season long signing, that would indicate no recall option.

It is not about me arguing the toss, it is about contract law. I don't know the terms of the contract and neither do you, but you'd hope the club do know contract terms and that's why they are sure he won't leave

It has been mentioned on here that there is a recall clause.

If that indeed is true and ManUre will lose a GK they will be able to do 1 of 2 things

1 recall SJ and keep him

2 recall SJ Sell him to whoever (or even force a sale to us) use the money for a replacement.

Now if ManUre have to react to the situ at hand, they will not consider our needs, if they are not interested in SJ as a player for them, they wont be acting in his interest either they will just sell him.

If that is the case, the Dr can say all he wants and SJ may even want to stay here for the whole loan period or permenantly, if ManU want 4/5mill for him and we havent got £££ (ffp) then we have no chance of keeping him long or short term.

Does make you wonder whether we have some unofficial deal in place to buy him when we free up funds.

Tony seems quite confident that there's nothing to worry about when it should be out of our hands.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Appears to be ineligible for tomorrow in the Cup.

makes me lean towards something is afoot with him being recalled/sold off by Manure 

Is there a link to this?

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Even if he was allowed, many teams, us included, tend to give sub keepers the cups games. Don’t sweat it, it means nothing. 

Absolutely, but that is not really the point.

29 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Absolutely, but that is not really the point.

So what is the point? Man Utd put a meaningless caveat into his loan agreement? They’d have been stupid not to, but that doesn’t mean they have any intent on signing him permanently but to handicap themselves would make no sense. So I think they’re just keeping their options open, which I don’t blame them for. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

So what is the point? Man Utd put a meaningless caveat into his loan agreement? They’d have been stupid not to, but that doesn’t mean they have any intent on signing him permanently but to handicap themselves would make no sense. So I think they’re just keeping their options open, which I don’t blame them for. 

You dont think there is anything odd that its just the fa cup they dont let him play in? The fa cup that starts during the transfer window?

You call it them keeping their options open, id say it means there is more intent to sell than we are led to believe.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

You dont think there is anything odd that its just the fa cup they dont let him play in? The fa cup that starts during the transfer window?

You call it them keeping their options open, id say it means there is more intent to sell than we are led to believe.

I’d agree with that - united refusing to allow him him to play in the fa cup certainly doesn’t make sense if he was here for the season anyway - a cup tied Johnstone would maybe lower the value and there has been  no confirmation that united will not recall him this month .

The ball is firmly in uniteds court and not villa”S and mourinho will make the decision not xia 

• Like 1

Â