The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I think we will finish 2nd

Actually what odds can i get on that i wonder

I think 2nd is a stretch, purely because of our poor start, I would also feel kinda dirty, think the likes of Norwich, Huddersfield, and Brighton deserve it more. Then again I give no f*cks about fair, we have an abundance of bad luck to receive rightful retribution for in the bank!

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think 2nd is a stretch, purely because of our poor start, I would also feel kinda dirty, think the likes of Norwich, Huddersfield, and Brighton deserve it more. Then again I give no f*cks about fair, we have an abundance of bad luck to receive rightful retribution for in the bank!

I wouldn't feel dirty

I think we should have 5 - 10 points more than we do right now 

• Like 3

There'll come a point when the bubble will burst and we will lose momentum 

however, the predictable lulu we experienced of under achievement under RDM I don't think we will see under Bruce. It would be nice to think we would be capable of 4 points in every six . I wonder what's statistically likely to be needed to get into the play off last place... 

But under Bruce I have a lot of optimism. At the start of the season I vote in the other thread for playoff position to be likely. However with the RDm era robbing us of points, I wouldn't get on Bruce's back if we missed out so long as we were close and had a lot to be happy about. 

In saying that though I do believe in the guy and the squad. My heart is thinking 5th to sixth my head is saying 8th ish. It's looking a lot more positive though and bring on January for so,e bolstering, as said plenty, in midfield 

On 26 October 2016 at 06:04, One For The Road said:

It won't make a jot of difference if we LOSE all the games you mentioned as long as we pick up enough points elsewhere. Picking "must win" games at this point of this season is futile and we just need to keep improving to see where it takes us.

Still think we are a season to early for the play offs but at least now we have a platform to build on under Bruce. 

Sorry, but please read my post again.

I stated that we could make the playoffs

IF we have delusions of Grandeur and want an Automaric promotion position I stated a different senario of needing certain wins/points gained on 3 teams likely to be battling for 2nd

Respect

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just in the sense that, it would mean they have been building slowly, on limited budgets for ages and when they finally get it right we come in swinging our big "dicks" and shagging their wives (promotion).

Sounds good to me.

lets all get our VT D*cks out and Sh@g their wifes and daughters (legal age only) a new one

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just in the sense that, it would mean they have been building slowly, on limited budgets for ages and when they finally get it right we come in swinging our big "dicks" and shagging their wives (promotion).

Can see what you're saying....

If we can't make it (and I don't expect us to as we're still miles off auto) I'd love Brighton to make it given how close they were last season.

Much more interesting promotion than Norwich who are just a yo yo club.

For comparison at 1/1/16,  6th place Ipswich had 40 pts from 24 games 

We have 17 pts from 14 matches

Ergo 23 pts from 10 games is what is needed..

7 wins & 2 draws... from 10 ?????  

32 matches to go 18W 7D 7L would get us 78 pts which was 6th place last season

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Ipswich didn't actually finish in play offs last season.

It's usually around 75 points that guarantees play offs, sometimes a point or two less.

What did Wednesday have at this point last season, they finished 6th.

15 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

7 Losses?  Bruce out!

• Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 18:38, Zatman said:

ANC is mid January-1st week in february. 5 games missed are Wolves, Preston, Bristol City, Brentford and Forest which isnt too bad and if we advance in FA Cup one of them games will be re-arranged

we are only missing Adomah, Ayew and Kodjia I believe from our squad for them games which isnt that bad

That would be worse case scenario (or best case scenario from the point of view of Ghana and Ivory Coast). If they don't qualify from their respective groups they could potentially be back for the Bristol City game on the 28th.

I suspect the teams for AFCON will gather a week or more before the first game, and with travel they might be gone after the first week in January or even sooner if there are any pre-tournament friendlies.

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

There'll come a point when the bubble will burst and we will lose momentum 

however, the predictable lulu we experienced of under achievement under RDM I don't think we will see under Bruce. It would be nice to think we would be capable of 4 points in every six . I wonder what's statistically likely to be needed to get into the play off last place... 

4 points out of every 6 still available sounds an awful lot to aim for, but it would put us on 81 by my reckoning so probably comfortably in the playoffs.