The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

I was told teams who finish 1st or 2nd are those most commonly promoted but I've not had a chance to check that out.  I'll go back a few years and compile results

I heard that if you finish between 7th and 24th in this league its not possible to get promoted

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I was told teams who finish 1st or 2nd are those most commonly promoted but I've not had a chance to check that out.  I'll go back a few years and compile results

Them and the team that win the play offs!

Win tomorrow and I honestly think the chase for the play off's is on. 

• Like 3

If we're assuming Newcastle will run away with 1st place, who is going to be second? Norwich lost today, Huddersfield lost two on the bounce I think. Second place could be wide open. No reason why we cant put up a fight for it "if" this form caries on.

Edited by Don_Simon

2nd is beyond us at this stage.

I think we are just beginning to pick up some form and results are being grinded out which is good because this shows were not at our best. As well as being consistent we need to be scoring more goals to be considering 2nd. 

Bruce will have a full week with us before the blues game, we are going to look even better than we did this afternoon imo.

A play off spot is very realistic at this current stage

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

11 points between us and 2nd, 96 points to play for. I agree its an outside shot, but by no means impossible.

Yeah, we could win every game until the end of the season at this rate, we could still go up as champions. I haven't felt this positive in years.....two on the trot.

Just now, thunderball said:

Yeah, we could win every game until the end of the season at this rate, we could still go up as champions. I haven't felt this positive in years.....two on the trot.

Yeah, we could win every game! We could also draw every game, or god forbid, lose every game. More likely perhaps is a combination of the three.

Winning every game is clearly not what I said nor what I was implying, but you enjoy your evening you mischievous little scamp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Yeah, we could win every game! We could also draw every game, or god forbid, lose every game. More likely perhaps is a combination of the three.

Winning every game is clearly not what I said nor what I was implying, but you enjoy your evening you mischievous little scamp.

I shouldn't have quoted you, I wasn't being sarcastic, but I was being mischievously optimistic at my sudden enthusiasm for the future

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I shouldn't have quoted you, I wasn't being sarcastic, but I was being mischievously optimistic at my sudden enthusiasm for the future

The mischievous little scamp strikes again! Enjoy your sudden enthusiasm bro, its infectious and make Saturday evening's so much more enjoyable!

• Like 1

We shouldn't even think about the top two, Bruce won't be.

He will be looking no more than a game or two ahead and at the teams immediately above us.

Pick up points, catch those above and then chase the next bunch of teams.  

Bruce is a pragmatic kind of guy and he will over the course of 10-15 games put us in a position where those clubs just above are the top two or three I'm sure.

Two more big games coming up, a win on Sunday would put us just three points behind Small Heath....

Bring it on....

• Like 1

We have 2 games to play against each of Brighton and Norwich. Need to beat both of those teams home and away and that's 6 points we can catch up on them. 

I am not convinced yet that we are going to be completely different from now on though. The corner has been turned for sure but until we can significantly improve midfield I think we will blow hot and cold.