The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Newcastle are head and shoulders above anyone in the league. After that, gonna be a real inconsistency with the other teams. Huddersfield look to be feeling it a bit already. Like the look of Leeds I must say.

Not head and shoulders above us,  they managed to hold us to the draw. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not head and shoulders above us,  they managed to hold us to the draw. 

What is funny is that none of the "Top teams" have turned us over, in some cases we were unlucky to draw. We held Huddersfield then they went on to batter a team. Beat fulham aand look what they did to Norwich tonight etc!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What is funny is that none of the "Top teams" have turned us over, in some cases we were unlucky to draw. We held Huddersfield then they went on to batter a team. Beat fulham aand look what they did to Norwich tonight etc!

2 wins, 2 losses, 8 draws.. Eliminate the draws and we will be coasting it near the top of the league this season as we have shown that we just don't lose often in this league. Apart from our inability to score which seems to be changing now we've found it easy in this league to be fair. 

• Like 2

Despite how poor we have been for most of the season we are only 6 points off the play offs with 31 games to play!

Once Bruce gets settled and brings in some additions in January, we will be fine 

• Like 2

Need to beat Blackburn now. Never deserved a point today but got it. If we end up with 4 points from these 2 games we keep the momentum.  Let's face it 3 on the bounce was a huge ask. 

Just need to keep this level of points accruel up till January when we can hopefully fill the gaping holes in the squad to really push on towards the end of the season. 

• Like 2

Still only 4 teams who has scored fewer goals than us. 15 in 15.

This not great for a team having spent a fortune on attacking players.

On the plus side defense looks solid for a bottom half team.

I'll give us the benefit of the doubt as it was the derby, but that was poor. We won't be winning much playing like that.

Garbage to watch, and minimal tactics or passing. Pulis stuff.

I want our "leaders" to start having some balls and using the ball.

Excusable today, but it's been backs to the wall for Wolves, Reading and Blues. Time to kick on.

• Like 1

Derby factor aside, an away point to a team in the playoff positions is not too bad.  Keep up with the 4 in 6 rate - wins v Blackburn and Cardiff, draws v Brighton and Leeds and we'll be in a strong position in the run up to Christmas.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

beating Brighton at Brighton will be one statement that we have noone to fear, tough ask though but we capable if we play well. 

I think/hope we will get it right, but the 1 point yesterday was disappointing, we need to start pegging these teams back because they are steamrolling. If only we had started this way!

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton will be very tough....it's on the Friday straight after the international break so we'll be without a few I think, certainly Jedinak and maybe the African players.

Could be an early indication as to January.

How the hell is that fair we have more international players yet we have to play Friday night??? :rant:

Sky always show championship games on a Friday night, we've drawn the short straw at one of the worst possible times.

Jedinak will be playing for Aussies on the Tuesday so I'd rule him out from starting given it takes a day to get back (Bruce admitted he shouldn't have played him v Wolves) and our African players have world cup qualifiers although think those are on the weekend so a bit more time to recover.

It's not ideal though, think that will be our first loss under Steve Bruce.

On 30 October 2016 at 14:27, Tomaszk said:

I'll give us the benefit of the doubt as it was the derby, but that was poor. We won't be winning much playing like that.

Garbage to watch, and minimal tactics or passing. Pulis stuff.

I want our "leaders" to start having some balls and using the ball.

Excusable today, but it's been backs to the wall for Wolves, Reading and Blues. Time to kick on.

I make you right- as much as it pains me and I so hope I am wrong I just can't see this current crop of players getting us up. You never know for certain we might just pick up momentum and see where this carries us- I'm sure Leicester fans would agree that momentum in football is massive- so I'll hang in there, but not confident.

By the end of the year, I think we will have around 38 points. For the second half of the season, with a transfer window, I am very confident we can do better than that. 80 to 85 points.

• Like 1