January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Don't wan't us to look for our midfield solutions in the Championship.

Whole world out there, having Championship experience is right down the bottom of things to go by when signing players in January.

51 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The chap who set up Forest's second goal against us looks a real talent to me, only on loan so would love us to try and get him.

I saw he got sent off again the other night. looks a talented lad but maybe needs calm down a bit

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 07:33, Genie said:

Given how big Xia is on attitude and positivity there's zero chance of us signing Barton

If we signed Barton I would stop following the villa until he left. He is the absolute epitome of a woeful and complete unproffessional footballer. He makes Gabby look saintly.....and yes thats harsh but his actions continuously make me believe is he truly a very selfish, self absorbed person i cannot be sure he even cares about the teams he plays for. Its all about Joey

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If we signed Barton I would stop following the villa until he left. He is the absolute epitome of a woeful and complete unproffessional footballer. He makes Gabby look saintly.....and yes thats harsh but his actions continuously make me believe is he truly a very selfish, self absorbed person i cannot be sure he even cares about the teams he plays for. Its all about Joey

Read his book I think it will alter your view of him. Personally I think he cares more than most, it's part of his problems and I certainly don't think he isn't a woeful player.

I completely understand people's views on him as a person though, I held similar until recently.

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Read his book I think it will alter your view of him. Personally I think he cares more than most, it's part of his problems and I certainly don't think he isn't a woeful player.

I completely understand people's views on him as a person though, I held similar until recently.

Fair call. If i come across his book, I shall have a read. The woeful part I wrote poorly i was meaning his attitude. He has in the past played very good football. Maybe he does care but if that's so then he has problems putting whats best for the team first. He might mean well but he has often caused more problems than he was attempting to fix.

Ps i still dont want him anywhere near AVFC ;)

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Fair call. If i come across his book, I shall have a read. The woeful part I wrote poorly i was meaning his attitude. He has in the past played very good football. Maybe he does but if that's so then he has problems putting whats best for the team first. He might mean well but he has often caused more problems than he was attempting to fix.

Ps i still dont want him anywhere near AVFC ;)

Joey Barton...is not the answer, only if the question was what is a narcissistic cockwomble. Joey Barton should not be allowed anywhere near Villa so much, they should erect special traffic signs around Villa Park and Bodymoor stating such. I am sure he seems like a decent bloke from his book. If you read Paradise Lost, the devil doesn't seem like a bad chap either.

• Like 1

I think it's perhaps a little premature to talk about what we 'need' in January as our squad is only now starting to be used correctly. Bruce will just be starting to get a feel for the players abilities and characters and probably doesn't know himself yet.

So hard to call at this stage.

I think it's clear we will need a loan striker or two due to the ACN and player absences.

Beyond that you'd think that CM will be the focus but then Gardner is a better player than most credit him and Bruce seems to recognise that and know how to use him.

Still, it's the one area of the team you would think we could improve. I'd love to see us get someone with some class in there like Huddlestone who can control games at this level he did a superb job for Bruce at Hull last year.

I like Hilderberto Pereria and Lansbury at Forest although the former probably isn't available due to his current loan and is a little hot headed.

I couldn't help being a little envious of Fulham having Scotty Parker yesterday, he would really be useful to us. Obviously that one isn't going to happen but it's the sort of class we need.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it's perhaps a little premature to talk about what we 'need' in January as our squad is only now starting to be used correctly. Bruce will just be starting to get a feel for the players abilities and characters and probably doesn't know himself yet.

So hard to call at this stage.

I think it's clear we will need a loan striker or two due to the ACN and player absences.

Beyond that you'd think that CM will be the focus but then Gardner is a better player than most credit him and Bruce seems to recognise that and know how to use him.

Still, it's the one area of the team you would think we could improve. I'd love to see us get someone with some class in there like Huddlestone who can control games at this level he did a superb job for Bruce at Hull last year.

I like Hilderberto Pereria and Lansbury at Forest although the former probably isn't available due to his current loan and is a little hot headed.

I couldn't help being a little envious of Fulham having Scotty Parker yesterday, he would really be useful to us. Obviously that one isn't going to happen but it's the sort of class we need.

I had totally forgotten about Scott Parker until yesterday. I thought he had retired! 

• Like 1

I didn't even notice Scott Parker. 

Unless I open Joey Barton's book and a couple of grand falls out, there's absolutely nothing he could say in it that would cause me to want him at my football club.

The recent debacle at Rangers has tipped me over the edge. I'm sure he did it to help sell books as well. 

• Like 1