January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

------------------ Ayew ------- Kodija

-------------------------Grealish

-----------------New mid -------- Tish

Amavi------------------------------------------Bacuna

-------------Baker-----Chester----Elphick

I'd go for that. Reasons? Lots of teams seem to be having more success with it. West Ham switched to it yesterday and looked better, same for Chelsea.

Another reason is this formation was how we started in 1998 when we had that great unbeaten run. Hendrie was in the middle of that three and was outstanding, propelling him into the England set up. I think it would suit Grealish too.

So who could that new midfielder be. Livermore is a good shout.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well, he runs as though he's wearing clogs.

Not to mention passing like he's in clogs, walking like he's in clogs, shooting like he's in clogs, and generally have the demeanour of one cloggy bar steward. 

Can't believe people moan about cissohko's and Huttons limitations as footballers yet people put forward Hibbert. We need quality not experience. Jedinak has vast experience and look how great he has been. 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Bruce is looking at getting Rhodes on loan in January. Would make sense with no agew, kodjia or adomah

That move would be a real cul-de-sac for the player. 

• Like 1

The reason I suggest Lansbury was because when he played us, he was so heavily involved in their attacks. He is a cunning little shit, and would be just what we need in midfield. On the flipside, he has been at Forest for a while now, as if he is part of the furniture, and may be reluctant to leave. Also, Forest may be quite reluctant to sell an important player to a Championship rival. And he has shit hair. But, if we don't try for him, we will never know.

On 10/16/2016 at 15:41, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Bruce is looking at getting Rhodes on loan in January. Would make sense with no agew, kodjia or adomah

Rhodes could be a Colossos signing

• Like 2

With my Ireland bias hat on: 

Daryl Horgan has been outstanding in the domestic league & Europa league. On a free at the end of the year.

Chris Forrester has been doing well at Peterborough, would be interesting to see if he could make the step up. Their captain too at 23.

Without my Ireland bias hat on, loan or otherwise any of: Lansbury, Iwobi, Trippier, Wasilewski, 

Might as well be ambitious, its a speculation thread after all :P

One good factor about coming into this window is that Bruce knows the players in this league and i think he knows exactly who would like to bring into that central midfield.

He's coming into a big club and i think he is going to approach the window in a similar way. I would not be surprised if he would look nic some in-form players from this league.

Another thing to consider is that there are going to be some players in the premiership that are not getting game time. If we pick up some good form towards Jan and sign the right players then who knows where we can finish..