January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I would like to see us bring in a right back and a couple of midfield players on loan who have not had playing time at their clubs. I would have liked to see us use the loan market and the contacts that I assumed our previous manager had with the likes of Chelsea to bring in some loan players during the last window but nothing happened. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 10:30, AJ said:

Lansbury?

Yes please, I think he has something about him. Not sure about PL level though but would be a great addition to our current squad. With inflated prices and all that, if we could get him for 4/5/6 mill I'd prob say yea

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

At this early stage of reckoning I think it's possibly we could see a new goalkeeper arrive along with Alex Bruce & possibly even a return for Darren Bent. (obviously Gabby and Kozak going outbound).

It's possible.

But very, very, very, very, very unlikely.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 11:43, sne said:

I will refuse to watch any games with Sebastian Larsson playing for Aston Villa.

Hopefully this won't be an issue thou

it won't, it is very difficult to get streams nowadays.

• Like 2

I'd also be interested if some players leave.  There's still a few remaining from last season and if he is going to improve midfield then Westwood needs to be shown the door too

So for me I think he may well keep Richards but Hutton,  Westwood,  Gabby, Cissokho, Bunn can all go If he brought in two midfielders and left those four or five go I'd be fairly happy.  I know goalkeeper is an issue for some but i just think Gollini will prove to be the real deal

• Like 1

Aron Gunnarsson. Combative, determined, consistent, a lot more mobile than Jedinak. Iceland captain, Cardiff captain. Natural leadership qualities to bring here.

Is he Premier League quality? Championship to lower end of the prem maybe. Would he improve us? I think so.

Just watched him on tv for Cardiff, guy gets stuck in, takes a lot of knocks and big impacts in a game, just gets straight up scanning what he's missed while getting up and straight back into the game.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:15, Villan4Life said:

Bruce signed some good lower division players like odubajo and clukas. And both were key players for hull last season

wouldnt mind him looking for more bargains

He tends to be quite good at building competitive teams on low budgets...he did the same at Wigan when he got in the likes of Figueroa and Palacios for little. When SHA came up in 2002 they didn't spend a lot for the first few seasons but he kept them up comfortably.

It all falls apart when he gets a bigger budget...relegated at SHA and Hull when he signed bigger names and he was well on the way to doing the same at Sunderland.

I think the key for me is we actually do have good players for this level in most areas of the pitch. Of course we need at least one CM in January and probably another defender but really he needs to try to get some better play and form out of the likes of Jedinak, Elphick and McCormack before going to Dr Tony and demanding another 5 or 6 players.

• Like 1