January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would anyone take Tom Cleverley on loan again? I don't think he's getting much game time at Everton, could be wrong though.

Depends on the situation with Januzaj - not sure we can have them both on loan at the same time. Anyone?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

first team football might sway him.

It didn't when he left us. He made his choice, backed himself to play regularly at Everton and I suspect he would see moving back to us as an admission that he made a mistake. I don't see him changing his mind with us in the league below the one we were in when he made his choice to leave us. I would prefer us to look to sign someone who would really want to play first team football for us and see a permanent or a loan move to Villa Park as a positive rather than a negative step. 

• Like 4

Can we sign Lansbury, surely it has to be possible...Forest and Villa are like night and day as clubs the only thing we have in common is the European Cup

We also should try for Robert Snodgrass, Bruce maybe be able to use his influence here..

I know ,I Know football is not like it is in computer games but those two alone must give us a serious possibility of getting second place. A bit like the addition of Stuart and Andy Gray last time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

sooooo, does anyone know the situation with Championship FFP?

Are we at the limit like hinted by Pat Murphy as couple of weeks ago?

or will we have money to spend in January?

According to Steve Round (Via OBE and the Supporter Group Meeting) -

"he said we were fine this season, most likely fine next season if not promoted and would have no problem in the Premier League."

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/15797-fan-meeting-with-steve-round/?page=2 

As good an answer as we're going to find.

• Like 1

I don't see us signing another forward. We will be without Adomah, Ayew and Kodjia for at most four Championship games, three if we advance in the FA Cup 3rd round. We will still have McCormack, Gestede, Gabby, RHM and also Grealish who can fill a wide role. At a push we may sign one on loan or if one is signed permanent then at least one will go out.

I'd imagine a centre midfielder, a centre back and possibly a right back will be at the top of the list of positions that need strengthening. I don't see any more than 3 or 4 coming in.

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to Steve Round (Via OBE and the Supporter Group Meeting) -

"he said we were fine this season, most likely fine next season if not promoted and would have no problem in the Premier League."

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/15797-fan-meeting-with-steve-round/?page=2 

As good an answer as we're going to find.

I noticed some perimeter advertising in Chinese on Saturday,  one was about healthfoods. Methinks Tony might be starting to filter some income into Villa via some of his other businesses. 

5 hours ago, KSV said:

If we sell Gestede we should go after Hernandez.

Meh. Too me Hernandez is a championship player who isn't good enough for prem. You'd hope that we won't be in championship next season so wouldn't waste money on a player for 5 months (not that he couldn't do a job in those months).

• Like 2

I know there is the ACN thing and we could be a little light up front for a few weeks but I honestly don't think we need Hernandez.

One thing is for sure though with us flying at this stage bringing people in during the window should be easier than it was a month ago.

Anyone looking at us under Bruce will see the direction we are headed and think promotion is achieveable.

Bruce will have targets in mind and from what I hear a lot of scouting is already taking place. With the Dr there is no doubt we will try and improve.

I noticed Huddlestone isn't currently in the starting line up at Hull, a move for him really wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 3

Huddlestone ahead of either Westwood or Gardner would be an improvement for the Villa. Lansbury is another Villa should be looking at to compensate for a lack of pace and goals between Huddlestone (if signed) and Jedinak to have the right balance in midfield.

Edited by striker

34 minutes ago, striker said:

Huddlestone ahead of either Westwood or Gardner would be an improvement for the Villa. Lansbury is another Villa should be looking at to compensate for a lack of pace and goals between Huddlestone (if signed) and Jedinak to have the right balance in midfield.

we'd have to sell Elphick first though

Bad boy me

sorry could resist

peace

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Meh. Too me Hernandez is a championship player who isn't good enough for prem. You'd hope that we won't be in championship next season so wouldn't waste money on a player for 5 months (not that he couldn't do a job in those months).

Yeah I agree but were not promoted yet. If we could get him cheaply while offloading Gestede and a bit of money on top why not. He will help us get promoted and be a decent back up next season. In summer we can get another premier league striker and sell McCormack and release Gabby. I believe Hernandez contract expires at the end of this season so he won't be worth anywhere near what Hull wanted.