January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

^^^THIS! this would be a fantastic deal for us

But only if we get Hernandez, not interested in selling to them if we cant get Hernandez

I'd sell Gestede straight away and replace him. You have to build a team to him and we aren't so he's pointless unless we are losing and you want to lump it long. A straight swap would be a great bit if business though. 

• Like 1

http://readastonvilla.com/2016/11/23/aston-villa-register-interest-ludogorets-winger/?

ASTON VILLA REGISTER INTEREST IN LUDOGORETS WINGER

Aston Villa have shown an interest in capturing Ludogorets winger Jonathan Cafu according to reports from abroad.

Reports from Sportal say that the Championship outfit are looking to make a move for the Bulgarian team’s star man.

The 25-year-old has featured in the Champions League this season against Arsenaland netted as well as assisting in a 3-2 defeat vs the Gunners.

Sportal claim the Villans have scouts watching Cafu in action vs Basel in the Champions League this week and will look to make an offer come the January transfer window.

Clive Rose/Getty Images SportClive Rose/Getty Images Sport

Steve Bruce has made a successful start to his management at Villa with six games unbeaten but could well lose some of his star men in January due to the African Cup of Nations.

Currently, Jack Grealish and Albert Adomah are the only recognised out and out wingers at the football club and it’s already been made clear wingers are a target for Bruce.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about Grealish?

Steve Bruce likes him but he doesn't start week in week out still otherwise why was he just a sub the other night?

At this moment in time Snodgrass would be a more effective player for us week in week out.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Steve Bruce likes him but he doesn't start week in week out still otherwise why was he just a sub the other night?

At this moment in time Snodgrass would be a more effective player for us week in week out.

Snodrass is a more experienced and tactically aware professional but I don't think he has more natural ability than Jack Grealish

My wishlist for January Window.

1GK - Experienced Back-up on season loan or short contract - Sell Bunn

1RB - One eye on PL so RDL comes back as Back-up for 17/18 - Sell Richards

1CB - Cover for Baker (left-footed)

1CB - Competition for all of Elphick/Chester & Baker (capable of playing on Left & Right)

1LB - Cover for Amavi - Sell Cissokho

1DM - Cover/Alternate for Jedi

2CM - Automatic choices ahead of AW & GG - Sell AW

R/LW - Option/Cover for both wings (preferably a Left-footer who can play RW cutting in rather than Vice Versa)

1SF - Goal-Machine for when Kodjia is at AFCONS or has goal drought - Sell Gaby and Gestede towards end of window.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopes

Gollini - Doesnt get injured

Lyden grows into squad

Elphick, Chester, Baker & Amavi stay fit

Jedi doesnt get injured

Tish returns fit and grows into squad

Adomah, Grealish keep on improving & stay fit

Ayew & Kodjia return fit from AFCONS (and remain fit)

McCormack proves his doubters once he's fit/up to speed once fixtures come thick and fast/AFCONS (Xmas--> March at least)

Southgate takes England job so that The FA dont come for Bruce

DR X, Wyness & Round negotiate our way through FFP

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

My wishlist for January Window.

1GK - Experienced Back-up on season loan or short contract - Sell Bunn

1RB - One eye on PL so RDL comes back as Back-up for 17/18 - Sell Richards

1CB - Cover for Baker (left-footed)

1CB - Competition for all of Elphick/Chester & Baker (capable of playing on Left & Right)

1LB - Cover for Amavi - Sell Cissokho

1DM - Cover/Alternate for Jedi

2CM - Automatic choices ahead of AW & GG - Sell AW

R/LW - Option/Cover for both wings (preferably a Left-footer who can play RW cutting in rather than Vice Versa)

1SF - Goal-Machine for when Kodjia is at AFCONS or has goal drought - Sell Gaby and Gestede towards end of window.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopes

Gollini - Doesnt get injured

Lyden grows into squad

Elphick, Chester, Baker & Amavi stay fit

Jedi doesnt get injured

Tish returns fit and grows into squad

Adomah, Grealish keep on improving & stay fit

Ayew & Kodjia return fit from AFCONS (and remain fit)

McCormack proves his doubters once he's fit/up to speed once fixtures come thick and fast/AFCONS (Xmas--> March at least)

Southgate takes England job so that The FA dont come for Bruce

DR X, Wyness & Round negotiate our way through FFP

A good list, and hard to disagree, but I agree with JV on this one. Way too much to ask for, especially wishing for 9 players while trying to wrangle FFP at the same time. I also doubt Santa would have the endurance for your demands. As Mrs Claus says, he only comes once a year. :)

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

9 players in January? Surely having a laugh:suspect:

whilst selling 6.

But you do realise what a wishlist is?

not all of it comes true.

The wishlist is what I think we need.

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

very clever for a convictist

You convictioneers should appreciate us. Conviction to a cause is in our blood.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

You convictioneers should appreciate us. Conviction to a cause is in our blood.

Im claiming we invented convection heating while we're at it....

Ok enough OT tilly twaddle from me....

49 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Im claiming we invented convection heating while we're at it....

Ok enough OT tilly twaddle from me....

.........what else is there to do once you've been through all the kangeroos

11 hours ago, KSV said:

Bulgarian newspaper reckons we bidding for Johnathan Cafu. I only seen highlights and how he tore up arsenal. 

Anyone know anything about him? I don't have a clue... Never heard of him.