January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, striker said:

Huddlestone ahead of either Westwood or Gardner would be an improvement for the Villa. Lansbury is another Villa should be looking at to compensate for a lack of pace and goals between Huddlestone (if signed) and Jedinak to have the right balance in midfield.

Agreed I've previously mentioned him as I watch a lot of Forest.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I noticed Huddlestone isn't currently in the starting line up at Hull, a move for him really wouldn't surprise me.

Would be a solid squad signing IMO but could frustrate many. He protects the ball well, but slows the play up a bit too often for my liking. He's a Lidl's own brand Gareth Barry, I don't see the Holte warming to him.

However, count me in the Lansbury brigade. Dynamic. Would slot in to a lower half Premier League side and shine under the right circumstances too, plus he's about to hit his prime and is having contract negotiation issues. Perfect storm. 

Shit hair though. That has to go. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I keep seeing this name Landsbury mentioned, is he that good? Or just good for the championship?

He's a very good Championship player, from the bits I have seen. He's got the physical attributes to transfer that ability to the Premier League IMO. 

I believe he is also their captain. So yeah, another one. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gestede plus £4-5 mill for berahino??! Any takers  ? 

I wouldn't do a straight swap for Berahino. I wouldn't take him for free. I wouldn't take him if they offered him to us on loan, with them paying 100% of his wages.
He is a waste of oxygen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Would be a solid squad signing IMO but could frustrate many. He protects the ball well, but slows the play up a bit too often for my liking. He's a Lidl's own brand Gareth Barry, I don't see the Holte warming to him.

However, count me in the Lansbury brigade. Dynamic. Would slot in to a lower half Premier League side and shine under the right circumstances too, plus he's about to hit his prime and is having contract negotiation issues. Perfect storm. 

Shit hair though. That has to go. 

Agreed on all points, plus has a beard! Everyone's a winner. Highly unlikely to sign a new deal from what I've heard.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know what the deal is with Lansbury. He looks more than decent whenever I watch him play (not that often tbf) yet he is still at Forest..

Talented but inconsistent performer but has started to find a more constant level in last 12 months. Watched him a few times this season and looking forward to seeing him against Newcastle on Friday.

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's a very good Championship player, from the bits I have seen. He's got the physical attributes to transfer that ability to the Premier League IMO. 

I believe he is also their captain. So yeah, another one. 

Definately better than anything we have in midfield. Be good back up if we make premier league. We will need better in the Premier League.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would rather go for Scott Hogan. 

I'm not sure he suits our style of play. Would be similar to McCormack who has struggled from what I've seen. I rate Hogan very highly (as I see more of Brentford than I do Villa these days) but I don't see him being a fit here.

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm not sure he suits our style of play. Would be similar to McCormack who has struggled from what I've seen. I rate Hogan very highly (as I see more of Brentford than I do Villa these days) but I don't see him being a fit here.

I don't see him as a McCormack type, he has way more speed than McCormack does and Hogan also seems pretty adept at playing wide if he has to, something McCormack IMO can't do.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KSV said:

Definately better than anything we have in midfield. Be good back up if we make premier league. We will need better in the Premier League.

Maybe. He's 25 though and as Trent says, word is he is finding some consistency. I'd take a punt and say he's better than every single midfielder not named Delph or Cleverley (Jedinak?) we've had playing for us over the last 4/5 years. 

My only other worry is that he wouldn't be suited to a 2 man midfield. Not at a higher level anyway. He's not as good as Grealish who looks to have made the central attacking role his own. But hey, it's squad game and we lack depth. 

31 minutes ago, choffer said:

What do you think of Ryan Woods? 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hot and lukewarm.

Has an absolute worldy followed by a few less spectacular performances. Rarely less than a 6/10 though. 

I think he'll make a tidy living in the championship but I'd be surprised if he made more of himself than that. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Hot and lukewarm.

Has an absolute worldy followed by a few less spectacular performances. Rarely less than a 6/10 though. 

I think he'll make a tidy living in the championship but I'd be surprised if he made more of himself than that. 

Thanks. Kinda what I expected. 

He plays in a position we don't really have anybody for, so thought he might make an interesting option. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He plays in a position we don't really have anybody for, so thought he might make an interesting option. 

Don't take my word for it, he'll probably go on to captain his country in a world cup final now I've cast my vote ;)

He is very much liked at Brentford though but I've always suspected that this is as much due to his effort and application as anything else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He was excellent against us, really really good best player on the park in fact. According to A couple of their fans who I know that was head and shoulders his best performance and owes much to RDM and his 'tactics' but the boy has ability.