January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

40 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Anyone know anything about him? I don't have a clue... Never heard of him.

Was a great right back for Brazil, I'd have some concerns that he may be slightly past it at the age of 46 but in Bruce we trust

Also never knew his first name was Jonathan, who'd have figured?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was a great right back for Brazil, I'd have some concerns that he may be slightly past it at the age of 46 but in Bruce we trust

Still a better option than Hutton. 

On 23/11/2016 at 14:40, PieFacE said:

Pretty sure the Dr confirmed this at the time too. 

I'd happily swap Rudy for Hernandez, no idea why Hull would do that though.

I think Hernandez is out of contract in the summer, so maybe they are thinking getting Gestede in return is better than nothing?

Wow Lansbury has two goals in one half. Is that more goals than all our midfielders all season? We need to go after him or someone similar

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Wow Lansbury has two goals in one half. Is that more goals than all our midfielders all season? We need to go after him or someone similar

I feel a scoring midfielder is what villa has missed most the last few years. Delph was becoming one before he decided to become a bench warmer over in plastic town. 

You cant rely on the strikers to always score your goals.... its too easy for a defence to stay in formation knowing there is little threat from up the pitch. 

Ive been reminiscing and watching the villa yearly reviews and in yester year our full backs score sometimes. 

Big shout out to Baker last week. Always love seeing a defender score.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I feel a scoring midfielder is what villa has missed most the last few years. Delph was becoming one before he decided to become a bench warmer over in plastic town. 

You cant rely on the strikers to always score your goals.... its too easy for a defence to stay in formation knowing there is little threat from up the pitch. 

Ive been reminiscing and watching the villa yearly reviews and in yester year our full backs score sometimes. 

Thats right. Even the full backs.. maybe not Hutton as hes wank but Amavi should get forward more and try and chip in with 2-3 a season. 

The Nottingham match finished 5-2 (Lansbury got his track). I just wonder why we cant score against all these average sides.. yet worse sides than Villa manage to score so many?

Edited by KSV

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Thats right. Even the full backs.. maybe not Hutton as hes wank but Amavi should get forward more and try and chip in with 2-3 a season. 

The Nottingham match finished 5-2 (Lansbury got his track). I just wonder why we cant score against all these average sides.. yet worse sides than Villa manage to score so many?

I think we have not shaken off the cautious mentality, but we will play with more freedom when our confidence grows as we win more games.

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Been saying this for years.  We have scored almost zero goals from defenders coming up from the back for corners or free kicks. 

None of our midfielders have weighed in with any goals.  The second I see Ashley Westwood teeing up the ball I am in dismay,  he has 5 goals for us since 2012, that should be the average per season! 

So basically with midfield and defence chipping in you should add about 20 goals to your overall tally,  we have probably been adding 3 or 4.

Even though our hell period last season you add an extra 15-20 goals a season you massively increase your points haul. 

It's been going on for years but I finally feel like this tide may turn. 

Indeed Baker scoring felt like a bit of a seminal moment in this regard. 

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I feel a scoring midfielder is what villa has missed most the last few years.

I think we have this season, though. Kodjia, Grealish, Ayew have all scored goals when lined up as a midfielders. We just play with quite a fluid front 4 at times. Jedinak/Westwood are not likely to score because they're more holding, just like Kante/Drinkwater weren't going to for Leicester.

A RB on loan,

A quality CM or 2

A striker on loan to cover up for our AFCON players

Possibly a LW option.

So yeah, nothing has changed really. Still the same priorities.

If we could get rid of Richards, Hutton, Westwood, Bunn or Gabby and make few extra bob, then great.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1