January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Buy if we can

loan if we cant

if we spend and it gets us promoted, we will have no problem selling players not good enough for PL, because Ch teams will want "Ch players who have experience in gaining promotion"

If we dont and end up being fined F+** it

What do you do after a speeding ticket?

Give up driving?

No, you pay the fine till you get caught again.

Enough of this PC shit. Nicey, nicey clubs do f'all.

That's a nice sentiment but look at what having players at the club that didn't want to be here did last time!!! Bad apples can rot the barrel. Buying in Jan is hard and our position would make it even harder but I think we could attract a few good loans. Bruce will have been here long enough now to know what we need Hopefully Round can get them in. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I honestly believe that the right Midfielder will light the touch paper for our forwards

A busy dominant type who carries the game to the opposition......a driving force in the middle, who could relieve the forwards of a bit of defensive work.

So Joey Barton then? 

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

That's a nice sentiment but look at what having players at the club that didn't want to be here did last time!!! Bad apples can rot the barrel.

The Bad apples were playing. and were so because they were as shit as the club was run

Buying in Jan is hard and our position would make it even harder

by Jan we will/should be in a good position

but I think we could attract a few good loans. Bruce will have been here long enough now to know what we need Hopefully Round can get them in. 

Loans - all good for me

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So Joey Barton then? 

I really can't call that one....I could write a load of reasons why we should......and then write a load of reasons why we shouldn't.

wish we could find one like him.....or a young Gareth Barry

• Like 1

So we are linked with Hernandez again. Will he lower his wage demands of 100k this time. 

Seen links with mutch and that Icelandic midfield player from Cardiff. Looks like we may want a goalkeeper striker and midfielder. About right.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can't imagine us going anywhere near Hernandez.  If there's one thing we don't need it's another striker.  

Well Bruce worked with him at Hull so if anything that link will probably be stronger than in the summer as he'll probably want to leave.

I do wonder rather than pay a straight 10m whether we would offer them Gestede or McCormack. Depends if they're adrift in the bottom 3 or not. Neither will probably be good enough to keep them up but either would be a very good addition for them for next season.

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I hear Rooney is available.

No way, total parasite, was on the piss whilst on England duty, showed no concern for professionalism and gets fat. Just happy to pick up wages, we already have Gabby for that.

:trollface:

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well Bruce worked with him at Hull so if anything that link will probably be stronger than in the summer as he'll probably want to leave.

I do wonder rather than pay a straight 10m whether we would offer them Gestede or McCormack. Depends if they're adrift in the bottom 3 or not. Neither will probably be good enough to keep them up but either would be a very good addition for them for next season.

I would like some cover up front for the Africa Cup of Nations but would hope a loan could provide that as we have a decent choice of forwards when international calls do not impact on that.

I think our permanent transfer priorities may be elsewhere and I would be very reluctant to lose McCormack because I think he will be the player we will be looking at to bring us the goals we will need in the second half of the season. I can see Hernandez wanting a move and Bruce giving that some thought but I doubt Hull would see Gestede as being worth more than £3m towards the £15m or so I suspect they would ask for their player.      

2 hours ago, KSV said:

So we are linked with Hernandez again. Will he lower his wage demands of 100k this time. 

Seen links with mutch and that Icelandic midfield player from Cardiff. Looks like we may want a goalkeeper striker and midfielder. About right.

Always thought Mutch was half decent. Surprised he got told to take offers by Palace. Not what we need though. Quality up and coming RB that will hang around for a long time and box to box mid please

A few people have mentioned getting a striker in January to cover for the ACON, but I don't think its required at all. We have Gestede, McCormack, a fitter Gabby by then - and also Hepburn-Murphy and Kozak. Considering we only play one up front its already overkill. Besides how many games will they be away for? 4-6 depending how far their teams progress?  

CM is the priority, and a centre back as we only have 3 (a loan to cover injuries and suspensions ideally).

Even right back we have 3 that can fight it out and if Bruce believes in himself he should get at least one of them to perform at their best, and lets be honest any of the 3 at their best is at least lower premier league quality.

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

A few people have mentioned getting a striker in January to cover for the ACON, but I don't think its required at all. We have Gestede, McCormack, a fitter Gabby by then - and also Hepburn-Murphy and Kozak. Considering we only play one up front its already overkill. Besides how many games will they be away for? 4-6 depending how far their teams progress?  

CM is the priority, and a centre back as we only have 3 (a loan to cover injuries and suspensions ideally).

Even right back we have 3 that can fight it out and if Bruce believes in himself he should get at least one of them to perform at their best, and lets be honest any of the 3 at their best is at least lower premier league quality. 

I see where you are coming from but I would not want to see us rely too heavily on Gestede, Gabby or Kozak for 4 - 6 games or on the current options we have available at right back for the rest of the season. For me these are risks not worth taking when they might cost us the odd point or three that we may need to clinch promotion at the end of the season.     

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John said:

I see where you are coming from but I would not want to see us rely too heavily on Gestede, Gabby or Kozak for 4 - 6 games or on the current options we have available at right back for the rest of the season. For me these are risks not worth taking when they might cost us the odd point or three that we may need to clinch promotion at the end of the season.     

McCormack? Plus to be fair, Gestede is capable of being a beast if utilised properly. We also have Grealish etc to go 4-5-1. Then again I just realised AFCON also means Adomah is gone so depletes our attacking force quite sharply. If we had more options in midfield (AM) etc we would be fine. Hopefully Tshibola will be fit by then too. Really not sure if it's worth wasting money on another striker.

Dear Santa,

I know its after Christmas, but I am happy to wait until January, so can you just leave my presents by the side until the transfer window opens? What I would like is a scheming shit in central midfield. Somebody who is really annoying on the pitch, but nice to everybody off it. Also, can we have a full back? I would prefer someone who is versatile, can play both sides of the pitch, and please, not one of those cheap knock off ones made of glass. We are making a habit of breaking them. If we cant buy one, can we at least borrow one? May I ask, do you have the power of possession? What I mean is, can you inflict another football club with insanity, so that they will buy Richards off us?

The truth be told, Santa, I don't want these things for myself, but I want them for Aston Villa, so you can see I am being totally unselfish. You also must admit, it is a nice change from people asking you for ponies, rocket launchers, and boring shit like peace on earth. I am not on facebook or twitter, so I know it makes it harder to check, but I can assure you I have been good. If you at least read my request, thank you. If my request is for some reason denied, then you can go fu..., I mean thank you anyway. Thank you, Santa. You rock.

Yours Jovially,

AJ

P.S. I like your beard. Its cool. :)

Edited by AJ

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Always thought Mutch was half decent. Surprised he got told to take offers by Palace. Not what we need though. Quality up and coming RB that will hang around for a long time and box to box mid please

Hang on, let me check my pockets.......