January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

16 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Birmingham could be better but so could all other cities. Everywhere has its good and bad parts, just like every country.

In terms of Birmingham itself, overall we are a forward thinking city that would do a whole lot better if central government hadn't cut its funding year upon year since the current Tory party took charge of the country. London has become overcrowded and overpriced and you'll find that over the coming year many more businesses and entertainment centres will pop up around Birmingham as the centre grows bigger and will inevitably expand into the surrounding suburbs. I guess that's where Dr Tony's vision comes in regarding his plans for the Villa's surrounding area. If he makes Villa as big as he says he wants to, you can imagine entertainment and business flourishing all the way from Villa Park through the Lichfield Road and into the city centre where the Universities are located. That's not such a distance if you consider the city centre's expansion. 

I work with non-British people who love Birmingham and think its cultural diversity makes for a friendly city to live in. Brummies are by and large easy-going, hard-working folks who like a beer and a curry and who like to laugh and not take life too seriously. Oh, and we love our footie too :D

To stay on topic, surely Brum has more to offer than Barnsley so what's taking you Messrs Hourihane and Bree? 

With the political wind of change coming , i think Birmingham will benefit in the long run and that will have a knock on effect of helping the area to attract players.

I think the future is bright for Brum and the business of attracting players.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Slightly worrying that if we let McCormack go only 2 are coming in.

I think maybe Bree might have chose to go elsewhere, hence the deal (apparently) stalling on Friday. If RMC is leaving, and 2 are coming in, I'd go with Hourihane and Rhodes. 

Shame if we lost out on Bree, he looks like a cracking little player, in a position that needs strengthening. 

Just now, Alakagom said:

But I thought Baker-Chester was hailed as BPL worthy over past month here?

I don't think anyone has said that, have they? Most people have pretty much admitted Baker's not cut out from the Prem, but is obviously good in this league.

Since promotion this season is now beyond us, any signing should be with the long term in mind.

No point loaning a player or signing anyone pushing 30.

Only players who will be starters next season or youngsters with big potential.

Anything else will just be a waste of money.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Totally retarded handling of the striker situation by everyone. What is Bruce thinking? What the **** is Round's job? And Tony can stop giving it large on Twitter until he's actually sorted this **** club out. 

How on earth have you arrived at this?

Gestede is a woeful striker who would not have helped the team over the last few weeks, so when some mugs offer £6m for him you snap their arms off. As per the RMC thread, the bloke is unfit and has received club punishment foe missing training. We have bid for strikers but have apparently been quoted stupid prices, so what exactly do you want the club to do? Pay anything? 

And how exactly has Xia "given it large" on twitter? By celebrating the fact we were 2-0 up? The bloke has invested a lot of money in this club and by all accounts is transforming the club for the better behind the scenes. And your pissed because we haven't got a striker yet?