January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Haven't seen enough of either Lansbury or Hourihane to know if they'll be the difference we need. However the stats say they will and the stats get me excited. 

I'll temper that a bit because the stats looked good on RMC too. So great news that were making bold moves in a key area. 

We are desperate for a LM too and I hope that is an area we are looking in. Bacuna has played about 7 straight games at left mid and been terrible in nearly all of them. Ayew doesn't look like he wants to play for us/Bruce anymore and it's not Jacks best position. 

Over the moon with Lansbury being confirmed and would love Hourihane too. I think I would like us to give Andre green a chance at LM and for us to look for a backup/competition for him. It's been obvious since the AFCON that we need a striker but with Kodjia back soon I would be tempted to take a bit of a risk on a striker and look abroad instead of splashing the cash on someone like Rhodes. I think Rhodes record is good but in my opinion could go either way as McCormack did/had to this point 

We have signed somebody good i am shocked and now i look a clearing in the woods for saying no one is being signed mind if the signing (s) make us a better team then i don't mind looking a clearing in the woods!  

Its a beautiful thing!

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Linked to Ashley Barnes now from Burnley. Can't say I know a lot about him. 

He's an interesting player who never quite made the grade.
He doesn't have a natural position but he's always been pushed up top. I just checked him out and I'm surprised he's 27 already....he's wasted some good years! I don't think I'd bite unless it was a short term loan.

47 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Over the moon with Lansbury being confirmed and would love Hourihane too. I think I would like us to give Andre green a chance at LM and for us to look for a backup/competition for him. It's been obvious since the AFCON that we need a striker but with Kodjia back soon I would be tempted to take a bit of a risk on a striker and look abroad instead of splashing the cash on someone like Rhodes. I think Rhodes record is good but in my opinion could go either way as McCormack did/had to this point 

I know it's off now, but

I too am a bit dubious of this Rhodes deal......and would he suffice.

Mourinho made the point not long ago about strikers that rely solely on service and others that to a degree make their own.....He was saying the difference in value is significant and he looks for the ones who can create their own.

i know he is in a different league to us, but I get his point.

in general every striker needs service, but some are just completely redundant without it and we have 2 perfect examples at our club ....Kodjia and McCormack.

Edited by TRO