January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I agree with what your saying, however I think to a point Kodjia does create some of his own chances and has done well saying the lack of service he has had.

Hopefully with a some creativity in midfield we will start to see more chances and goals from the forwards with midfielders chipping in with a couple. After all it's something that we have lacked since players like Barry, young, downing and Milner left

Barry, Young, Downing and Milner, such hedonistic days! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This to me is utterly staggering that either of these players individually either match or better our entire midfield added together. 

Signing them both would totally transform our midfield beyond all recognition. Those stats for Hourihane particularly show how important a signing he would be for us. 

With 14 assists between them surely even one more of our strikers might get a couple. 

Obviously nothing ever transmits exactly like you hope but surely,  surely they can't both turn up here and be failures with those stats? 

I also love how Jedinak gets slated for being shit on the ball and he completes TWICE as many passes at a comparable success rate to both Westwood and Gardner.

Utter passengers

7 minutes ago, mwj said:

I also love how Jedinak gets slated for being shit on the ball and he completes TWICE as many passes at a comparable success rate to both Westwood and Gardner.

Utter passengers

That's why we call they gardwood as they have both been abysmal.when playing together 

31 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

So, how much would Knockhaert cost?

He won't be leaving Brighton any time soon, already said he wants to stay at Brighton as the club feels like family. 

That said, sure Delph alluded to something similar.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Why would he want to move from vastly better club at this time?

Vastly better club? Better position yes, but let's not be too negative about ourselves. This is the best I've felt about Villa in several years, and I believe that our Chairman is determined to see us become a success.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This is the best I've felt about Villa in several years, and I believe that our Chairman is determined to see us become a success.

We are a mid table Championship Club spunking money away on mediocre players. Not that exciting is it?

Brighton have a great new Stadium and the city on the whole is on the way up.

Like Birmingham  the city itself, we are stuck in the 80's.

Funny how it works with the whole current culture of the city thing mirroring the football club. There does seem to be some correlation...Leicester/King Richard another example.

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I agree with what your saying, however I think to a point Kodjia does create some of his own chances and has done well saying the lack of service he has had.

Hopefully with a some creativity in midfield we will start to see more chances and goals from the forwards with midfielders chipping in with a couple. After all it's something that we have lacked since players like Barry, young, downing and Milner left

Your first paragraph was my point about Kodjia, he does create his own chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

We are a mid table Championship Club spunking money away on mediocre players. Not that exciting is it?

Funny how it works with the whole current culture of the city thing mirroring the football club. There does seem to be some correlation..

Mmm.  Can I have a bit more piss on my chips please!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Funny how it works with the whole current culture of the city thing mirroring the football club. There does seem to be some correlation...Leicester/King Richard another example.

It might sound old, but we are aston bloody villa and it doesnt matter what happens to other clubs, we are aston bloody villa and we deserve the best. 

• Like 1