January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

10 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

You are not going to convince anyone but yourself Birmingham in seen as a treasure by the people of London. Rightly or wrongly, its seen as a city going backwards rather than forwards by Londoners and the population in general. 

Odd that seeing as the post in question got 11 likes. 

As I said, you're talking rubbish. I travel up and down the country with The Villa, have been to some great cities. Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, London. Birmingham is up there. 

And yeah, the people I've met love Birmingham. Great shopping, great nightlife, Michelin stars all over the place. It's classy, vibrant and you can dance your bollocks off till 6 in the morning. 

Is it my favourite city in the UK? No. I'd not move from London. Is it in my top 5? Sure. To bring this around would I take Aston Villa being one of the top 5 teams in the country? 100%.

• Like 1

I was hoping we would be able to get Cairney as well, but with the prices quoted for him compared to Hourine and Lansbury I fully agree with Villas priorities.

I also feel the sudden link to the Burnleystriker is just to get Boro to lower the price for Rhodes. My gut feeling is that we are not really interested in him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

I don't think it is a good idea to release Hutton in this window. He is not a top player, but good enough as a first team player. The rest of the season we may see a number of injuries, and the depth of the bench is important, if we want to get to playoff. We should keep him till summer even if we manage to get a new RB.

Three midfielders in, optimistically, and we are back on track.

Sorry

absolute Bollox

for 2 reasons

Hutton is shit

M118 liked your post

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

hmm, competing with a premier league side - righto!

No worries, the chance to live and work in metropolitan Birmingham will sway it in our favor ;)

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Apparently us and Southampton have agreed a 4m fee for Bree. Hopefully we can convince him to come here if true.

Pat Murphy has tweeted bree and hourihane both are only interested in joining villa - hopeful both will be signed early this week .

Pat Murphy tweeted - Positive vibes from @AVFCOfficial over Bree & Hourihane next wk. Bids are in to @bfc_official but confidential to avoid bidding tussles 1/2

2/2 with other interested clubs. Understand both players only want to go 2 Villa. Coup for @AVFCOfficial If both r landed,given competition

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Odd that seeing as the post in question got 11 likes. 

As I said, you're talking rubbish. I travel up and down the country with The Villa, have been to some great cities. Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, London. Birmingham is up there. 

And yeah, the people I've met love Birmingham. Great shopping, great nightlife, Michelin stars all over the place. It's classy, vibrant and you can dance your bollocks off till 6 in the morning. 

Is it my favourite city in the UK? No. I'd not move from London. Is it in my top 5? Sure. To bring this around would I take Aston Villa being one of the top 5 teams in the country? 100%.

And the home of the Balti Dave ;-)

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

we needed 9 players this window

oh sorry 11

GK = check

RB CB LB DM 3x CM

1x CM = check

LW

Playmaker

Goal Machine

So 2 in

9 to go

We were and are never going to do that amount of business in January, it just doesn't happen.

I think every thread should be titled off topic. If we start one on the pope it'll end up as are smokey bacon crisps better than salt and vinegar, Transfers, is Brighton a town or city. and Music will end up as Donald Trump prefers Gouda to Edam.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

we needed 9 players this window

oh sorry 11

GK = check

RB CB LB DM 3x CM

1x CM = check

LW

Playmaker

Goal Machine

So 2 in

9 to go