January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

Not sure if you replied to the wrong person there?

Anyway - Defoe. Of course it would've been a good signing. I was saying I'd prefer the up and coming players who really want to be here - doesn't mean they've barely played football. Hourihane has proved it at the level we are playing. Players like him are the kind I want to see us getting in. 

For every Defoe there is a Ricky Lambert and an Emmanuel Adebayor :P 

No I responded to the right person,  just supporting their point with a cheap gag. 

Yes you could endlessly quote unknown upcoming players who are brilliant and unknown players who are terrible. 

Conversely the same can be said about old pros. 

The only thing that matters is young or old to get in the right man. 

We have spent probably 5 years of getting in the wrong man old or young over and over and over again. 

I can't think of any other club who have made so many disastrous signings so often.  We have been a total disaster area and last summer was no exception. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

He basically said it is 100% done. The player himself is determined to join Villa, and medical is no problem.

So should expect an OA tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, NASTY_LEE said:

Do you think he'll give us a 99% update or will we need to wait for the deal to be done? 

Tony has given us a 99.9%.

1 minute ago, sonic_bouma said:

Bruce has admitted this morning that the Rhodes deal is 'as good as over'.

To be honest I think we've dodged a bullet. Over priced and  would be another McCormack signing.

Lansbury and Hourihane for 5m however is incredible business

Yep glad bruce recognises 10m would be over paying and I think their are alternative options out there. Tammy Abraham looks decent

he does but chelsea would never sell and I think he's pretty happy at Bristol city for now. 

I think get the midfielders in and then maybe it can give mccormack and co a new lease of life perhaps. Or a second chance at any rate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If I'm the Barnsley chairman, no way I'm accepting less than £2.5m for Hourihane after we've just bought Lansbury.

Better and younger!

£1m or nothing is a big difference for a club like Barnsley i'd imagine. Trying to squeeze extra money from someone may backfire.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

maybe there's a huge sweetener like a high sell on percentage clause? Though I think the delays might be due to them indeed wanting more up front!

I'm hoping it involves Bree... but that seems to have gone quiet sadly

Plus Bruce's comments on Rhodes - classic fakey - still has legs I am sure

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1