January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If I'm the Barnsley chairman, no way I'm accepting less than £2.5m for Hourihane after we've just bought Lansbury.

Better and younger!

I would not be surprised if the club got £1m for him and more £m went into other areas because you are right, £1m is daylight robbery.

I actually think Rhodes would do really well for us if he signed alongside Lansbury and Hourihane, on paper we would have one hell of an attack for Championship level. 

Bree and Amavi up and down the wings.... surely.... SURELY we would be winning game 5-4 every week 

Four signings?!?!

1 - Hourihane

2 - Bree

3 - Rhodes

4 - Brady

Johnstone

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Brady

Kodjia Rhodes 

Bunn, Elphick, Bacuna, Jedinak, Grealish, McCormack, Gabby

Selling Weswtood and Ayew to fund it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Four signings?!?!

1 - Hourihane

2 - Bree

3 - Rhodes

4 - Brady

Johnstone

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Brady

Kodjia Rhodes 

Bunn, Elphick, Bacuna, Jedinak, Grealish, McCormack, Gabby

Selling Weswtood and Ayew to fund it!

I think we will line up like this, if we get what we want:

Johnstone

Bree - Chester - Baker - Amavi

Jedi

Lansbury - Hourihane

Adomah - Grealish (wide)

Kodjia

Not a bad team and much more balance. Only one player 30+ too.

Edited by DK82

I'm not keen on the Rhodes deal at all.
Spending £25m on two Scottish strikers who can't get in the Scotland team seems crazy.

Bring in Hourihane, Lansbury and Bree. That young lad from Bury could also be worth a gamble at the prices being quoted but he will be one for the future (although he is probably better than Elphick already).

• Like 3

Rather we spent money on a LW so we don't have to play Ayew, Kodija, Grealish or McCormack out of position out wide.

We need a striker during the AFCON, but £10m for a player who might not even be first choice in a few weeks is IMOway too much.

Rhodes on loan, with option to by is OK, on a permanent I'd go for something else.

Main thing still getting a midfield and a RB.

• Like 2

So his press conference this morning said he's hoping Lansbury will be training with them at 10:30. But he's there, done his medical and terms agreed with the player.

"Close to 1 or 2 others"

"Not close on Rhodes for example....tried wur best......looks as if it's not going to happen"

"The boy Hourihane, we're waiting to hear back from Barnsley back today so we're led to believe so we hope we can announce something with that one pretty shortly too"

faceache

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rodders said:

maybe there's a huge sweetener like a high sell on percentage clause? Though I think the delays might be due to them indeed wanting more up front!

Fair deal if we have to pay £1m bonus to them if we are promoted within 2 years plus £1.5m now 

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

regarding Lambscurry, Hooligan, Roads, Free & the Berry guy, I think I'll wait fir M118's Photo-fit assessment before I cream my jeans

yep, forget traditional scouting techniques or even watching them play at all, apparently all we need to know is what colour their eyes are and how far apart they're set!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

If there is one thing we must must do this window, then it is to replace Alan bleedin Hutton. I can just see him surviving, again. 

Clearly Bruce is targeting that position so let's hope he manages to succeed with Bree. If not maybe we have other targets in that position.