Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Tonight just wasn't that bad. Bristol City played well but didn't create any particularly dangerous situations. A draw seemed a fair result. 

Hopefully he doesn't bother with 3 at the back again, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Completely of topic but lambert performed a miracle keeping us up and we went down the season after he was sacked. I'd have him back over Bruce any day. We just ground him down with the club set up. 

I totally agree - Lambert created a free flowing dynamic team at Norwich - we have ruined a good manager & man imo, I sincerely hope he will recover and discover his mojo once more 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're just not going up with this clown in charge.

I've reached the point where I will celebrate his sacking as much as I did when lambert went. 

Although I think Lambert was shot by the end, I think he had one of the toughest jobs around managing us while Lerner was cutting the money. I'd have thought history—what happened to us afterwards with the relegation—might have given some people second thoughts about his tenure. 

As I say I think he was shot and probably needed to go, but I still think he did as well as he could have in the circumstances.

• Like 1

He played half the match with either the  wrong formation or the wrong players in the right formation.

He was then stuck with an unfit  basketball player as our CD.

Terry should have a fitness test , he's doing 3 days training away from villa, out of 4. He's clearly not fit. 

Bruce can't drop him, Terry is too much of a Billy big bollox.

Wake me up when the mare ends.

PS the villa fans were fuxckin awesome tonight 

5 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Sky Sports just asked Bruce how you take Villa up. 

He could hand in his P45 for a start.

Since when is a 1 - 1 result away at Bristol City deemed a good result for a side that many predicted were going to go up as champions this season.

Laughable.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

It infuriates me that he takes so long to make a change. We score and should be pushing for the winner instead we wait for Bristol to make a change and until it's too late to really have an impact on the game. I'm not surprised that we aren't particularly pushing for the win when our manager seems happy to play for a draw and keeps talking us down.

Brucey, the way to WIN away is to attack and you clearly saw tonight that the way to do that is by playing four at the back - not five!

That being said, I was pleased with the energy we showed tonight and really enjoyed watching us play. I thought we were the better team second half and really gave them a game. 

Edited by villarocker

Bruce tried a stupid team with a stupid formation tonight after being signposted all week as to how our team should play and be set up. Maybe that's forgiveable if you've loads of injuries but we don't.  Why is he still trying this 3 at the back cr*p after ten months, or more concisely if that's how he wants to play why isn't he 1) sticking with it til it works (like trying it in preseason for example) and 2) buying the players for that system.

And don't suggest he saw it wasn't working and changed it, he partially changed it but left us still in a mess for the rest of the half. If he'd really had balls to correct it, Bree would have been on after 30mins. Make the hard decisions, that's what you're paid for.

Never ever going up with him in charge, I'm fully off the fence now. Unfortunately it's too late to sack him now so more midtable mediocrity this season and next season with a whole new team to buy again because he decided to go short term in his view for the club. We'll need a keeper, two centrebacks, an entire midfield and a striker in all likelihood. Except we'll have even less money and even less pull.

I'm beginning to realise it's going to take years, possibly decades for us to get back up. How long since Forest and Leeds played in the Premier League...?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Agree yes we were but we would have gone down years before without lambert.

Would we? We stayed up with McLeish and he was seen as the problem. I don't want to get into a Lambert discussion but he was god awful. See wolves and Blackburn for further proof. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He could hand in his P45 for a start.

Since when is a 1 - 1 result away at Bristol City deemed a good result for a side that many predicted were going to go up as champions this season.

Laughable.

Who do you think we are? This club was in a mess when relegated. 

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You realize that we need to get promoted this season right?

Yes of course - the reality is this - Ashton gate is not a ground for easy pickings imo - they are workmanlike , dogged , and not without a touch of ability.

this could just prove to be a very valuable point at the end of day 

• Like 1

Â