Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Was a performance full of character and grit, something to build upon. However, looking at the team performances, neutrally, we certainly don't look like promotion candidates. We've got some home games to come, need to build confidence. Regardless, who would we replace Bruce with?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not a great start but it's been a much better last 7 days. 

Don't disagree with that although it couldn't get much worse but my problem is in this league I feel you need to put runs of 6,7,8 wins in a row together and I don't see that happening under Bruce because I don't see an away win in us at the moment and we need to win a few of them over the season.

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Sorry don't buy it.

More points dropped, games we should be winning if we want to get promoted no chance with this manager.

Points dropped? In what way. Normally we lose the game tonight but we got a hard fought point against a team that will be top half. They played with high intensity and had the crowd behind them. Shite first half but managed to get ourself together second half. We showed belief and character second half. We have a hell of a lot going for us. 

We played some good stuff in the second half. 

I don't know what to say right now with promotion..

I am not happy with Bruce.. But I cannot bare the thought of another rebuilding process this season.  

Whatever happens.. happens. 

I will support the team, players and manager.

We have Grealish,Jedinak and Kodjia to come back..  All three played a big part here last season.

*Sighs*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think we were pretty decent tonight. The link up play between Onomah and davis was good. This can't be in any way compared to the Cardiff or reading games.

For the last 15-20 mins maybe, and even then we didn't make one clear cut chance. We were poor tonight if we're going for promotion. We were ok if we're trying to scrape the play-offs. Bruce needs points and fast.

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

We played some good stuff in the second half. 

I don't know what to say right now with promotion..

I am not happy with Bruce.. But I cannot bare the thought of another rebuilding process this season.  

Whatever happens.. happens. 

I will support the team, players and manager.

We have Grealish,Jedinak and Kodjia to come back..  All three played a big part here last season.

*Sighs*

Add Snodgrass to that also 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Easy to interpret today's result any way you want. But facts are, we are terrible away from home and at this very important moment in the season and in Bruce's career for us, we needed to show something and not lose. I think we did that. Nice run of games coming up, Snodgrass in, plenty of space now for Bruce to get his best 11 in place. I know this is not what determined brouters want to hear. 

I agree we do have a good run of home games coming up and that should give us a great spring board to mount a challenge. What worries me is that we can never really tell what he (SB) is going to come up with next. He should already know his first 11 by now, but if he suddenly discovers what it is and picks it consistently then we may exploit the next run of games. You're right, we should be looking good in 5 games time, I'm not so sure that many of us have real confidence that we will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

Don't disagree with that although it couldn't get much worse but my problem is in this league I feel you need to put runs of 6,7,8 wins in a row together and I don't see that happening under Bruce because I don't see an away win in us at the moment and we need to win a few of them over the season.

We had A good run  under him last season. I think with the addition of snodgrass and players coming back from injury we will be up there. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We're just not going up with this clown in charge.

I've reached the point where I will celebrate his sacking as much as I did when lambert went. 

Completely of topic but lambert performed a miracle keeping us up and we went down the season after he was sacked. I'd have him back over Bruce any day. We just ground him down with the club set up. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Completely of topic but lambert performed a miracle keeping us up and we went down the season after he was sacked. I'd have him back over Bruce any day. We just ground him down with the club set up. 

We were going down the year he was sacked. 

Sky Sports just asked Bruce how you take Villa up. He couldn't answer the questions and just kept banging on about it being a big club and maybe he can make it five [times going up]. Says it all really.

• Like 2

Â