Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

In Bruce's words we are "back to euphoria" after wins against Norwich and the mighty Wigan. No we aren't. We're just delighted and surprised we've scored some goals recently.

Why does he insist on using such extremes? I think he has really shown a disconnect with the fans with his recent comments. 

We have seen such poor football under his management and it's no wonder fans turned.

The "euphoria" from the fans should tell you something Steve. It should tell you that the defensive, timid and weak rubbish football you have been producing isn't what the fans want to see and you need to use the past two 4 goal hauls as a benchmark and stepping stone for the rest of the season.

If you don't then you deserve to be sacked.

Get on with it.

His press conferences are fine when he just sits and plays with his nose. It's when he starts to talk it all goes to shit.

• Haha 1

I've read back over the last twenty or so posts and the message from posters seems to be fairly united. I don't detect any "euphoria," only concern that the last week might have been an injury driven bit of luck.

Get it right Steve, keep those shackles off and no more negative rubbish, just keep putting points on the board! Show us, don't tell us as other posters have already said. It starts tonight!

• Like 3

The problem with his excuse making and his ridiculous extremes about the fans, is that when the inevitable bad form hits again fans are just going to be on him quickly. 

After 2 good wins he could be saying things to get fans back on his side yet he continues to act as though he wants to be disliked. Putting far more stock into how the media and football in general will think about him rather than the fans of the club he manages. To me suggests he's more worried about life after villa than the current situation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

The problem with his excuse making and his ridiculous extremes about the fans, is that when the inevitable bad form hits again fans are just going to be on him quickly. 

After 2 good wins he could be saying things to get fans back on his side yet he continues to act as though he wants to be disliked. Putting far more stock into how the media and football in general will think about him rather than the fans of the club he manages. To me suggests he's more worried about life after villa than the current situation. 

Agreed. It's as if he already knows he's going to get the boot. 

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

Tomorrow is make-or-break for Steve's tenure of our great club, the fans will not tolerate a bad performance.

If not for us Steve, do it for yourself mate.

Why do i get the feeling this wont be the only 'make or break' game for Bruce?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Why do i get the feeling this wont be the only 'make or break' game for Bruce?

Hopefully it won't be, but with the club in the circumstances it is then you're probably right. 

The reason is say it's the make or break, is that lost today and it'll be a negative spiral from the home & away fans...and that is a very very difficult cycle to recover from.

Well the future of the football club wont be decided by the pages of Villatalk and just because a few have the opinion in here does not give precedence to general public opinion on the terraces. Put it this way, Wyness has said we need stability, pulling the trigger previously has contributed to the mess. Tony Xia has quoted publicly some management guff about supporting him to achieve the end goal. The Holte End gave him full support  throughout the game midweek. Not general supporting the team, actually supporting Bruce. To top this off, he has managed 2 wins and 8 goals in a week with an injury ravaged squad missing 3 of our best 5 players, including our talisman top goalscorer. He has convinced JT to come here, has a positive net spend this summer, has brought through several really good kids and given them a chance and has even managed to get a song out of some of our previous deadwood like Gabby

Please dont see this as a defence of Bruce as I agree, he chats shit, is too defensive and we have played crap football for the majority of his games here which has been masked by Kodjia's individual brilliance. Im just  making the point that this game is not make or break, not even close. 

Im at the conclusion we will win most of our upcoming home games and he will be here till at least Feb, barring another collapse in form

• Like 4

I also think he's safe for the simple reason that should Round and Wyness sack him they are quite possibly sacking themselves at the same time.

And I think they want to keep their jobs.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mattjpa said:

Well the future of the football club wont be decided by the pages of Villatalk and just because a few have the opinion in here does not give precedence to general public opinion on the terraces.

Did you see the reaction of the Away end at the Reading Game? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

Tomorrow is make-or-break for Steve's tenure of our great club, the fans will not tolerate a bad performance.

If not for us Steve, do it for yourself mate.

what's happening then?

51 minutes ago, sne said:

I also think he's safe for the simple reason that should Round and Wyness sack him they are quite possibly sacking themselves at the same time.

And I think they want to keep their jobs.

I don't think that's the case tbh.

Bruce was THE option when we were looking. He has multiple promotions under his belt, he was available, he had the experience. I'm sure they'd make the same decision again. The aim was to get promoted, and I do still think Bruce can achieve that. Just gotta keep rolling now.

Tonight is massive. We have to win if we don't Bruce will stay just long enough that this season is a write off. If we grind out a 1nil win I'll be just as happy as a cavalier 3 nil one. The reason? We've got the players we just need to get the confidence away from home that we have at home that we will win. Bruce needs to realise clubs will raise their game but our squads a lot better than virtually all so can handle it. Start talking like a manager of a big club and maybe the players will play like ones that are able to pay for one. I always thought Bruce was a good man manager but every presser is littered with excuses from FFP to handling the pressure. When JT arrived he said we have to go up and he wants the title. That's what we need to be drilling into the players and the fans.We are all in this together. Talk positive. Encourage. We've not sold out tonight as already fans are fed up with the away form. Last year we all believed. That's ebbing away. I want a brash manager saying we are going to win every game and It'll be tough but we will attack from minute one. Then the fans will sell out every away game and home crowds will come back as it's enjoyable trying to win. Tonight is the start. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bruce was THE option when we were looking. He has multiple promotions under his belt, he was available, he had the experience. I'm sure they'd make the same decision again. The aim was to get promoted, and I do still think Bruce can achieve that. Just gotta keep rolling now.

Erm No he was not THE option, he was one of many available.

Clement may have come then, Wagner as Trent has alluded to may have come. Young managers who could have potentially built something from the bottom up, develop a football ethos & philosophy. We went down the dour safe route and potentially have wasted a huge chance to rebuild the club. 

Wyness had been out the game for a while, Round was inexperienced in his new position so that opted for the supposedly safest option.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bruce was the SAFE option. I hoped at the time that we wouldn't give the job to SB, but Wyness and Round wanted Championship experience and a track record and Bruce was available and fitted the bill. He was the EASY option, but the wrong choice in my opinion.

• Like 2

Â