Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I do yes - and I did say that Ashton Gate is a difficult place to get a result at this moment - in the grand scheme of things I thought both teams looked ordinary and a million miles away from being a promotion outfit.

i guess without the Reading/Cardiff debacles we might  view this point a little more favourable ?

Yes and maybe without the 16 away games he's had before those two in which we've won just 3 and scored just 10 goals.

• Like 2

I don't want to get attacked by our Manager again so I will refrain from spouting any 'ridiculous nonsense'.

I will just say at least I didn't feel completely embarrassed last night as I did in the previous two.

Well Done, Steve. Terrific.

• Haha 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is clearly shitting it and is trying to protect his own arse.

The club & job are becoming increasingly evident that it is too big a challenge for him and it is really beginning to tell.

3pts from the next game or he is gone.

I think Xias tweet implies he will be judged at the end of September as was RDM !

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So you think he will consistently get those sort of results from the next 41 games? 

If he plays 5 at the back or with 3 centre backs then no. Norwich and second half against Bristol City? Maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1 point from 9 away is dreadful. We signed experienced players to scrape points at these grounds and see no sign of progress

True and on paper Cardiff , reading and bristol city are far from what most would put in the hardest away  game bracket . 

At  the start of the season I'd have hoped for at least 5 points from those 3 games .

31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes and maybe without the 16 away games he's had before those two in which we've won just 3 and scored just 10 goals.

Please don't take what I say as any kind of endorsement of Bruce's managerial abilities - I'm firmly in the Gone camp.

Whats really annoying the life out of me that he can't just pick 1 formation, get them drilled into it and how he 'expects' them to play.

Changing your formation, that you have worked all week on in prep for the match 30 mins in to the match is a f**king joke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I do yes - and I did say that Ashton Gate is a difficult place to get a result at this moment - in the grand scheme of things I thought both teams looked ordinary and a million miles away from being a promotion outfit.

i guess without the Reading/Cardiff debacles we might  view this point a little more favourable ?

Yes, when compared with the absolute horror displays that were Cardiff and Reading, this was not too bad. 

In the grand scheme of things vs where we need to be, it was simply not good enough. Reversion to type for Bruce after a couple of out of character attacking performances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

But but that's last season, I don't understand why you feel the need to bring up the past like this, it bears no relevance to this season. :D

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

1 point from 9 away is dreadful. We signed experienced players to scrape points at these grounds and see no sign of progress

Come on that's not fair.

Now we've replaced all those feeble minded losers who didn't 'have their boots on ' (!!?) with Terry, Whelan, Taylor, Elmo, etc our Away record stands alongside any we've had since, .......Er, well since we had those feeble minded losers....

29 minutes ago, Donniewyer said:

Whats really annoying the life out of me that he can't just pick 1 formation, get them drilled into it and how he 'expects' them to play.

Changing your formation, that you have worked all week on in prep for the match 30 mins in to the match is a f**king joke.

He did,  remember ? The one where everything was going to go through Grealish.

• Haha 1

People who are saying a point away at Bristol is acceptable are right if you look at it as a one off game, but if you look at the bigger picture we need to be averaging 2 points a game roughly.

Had we not only won 1 game this season then yeah it would have been acceptable, but the fact is we have half the points we should have at this point. So no, its not acceptable.

After just 5 games we are playing massive catch up already, end of this weekend we could be 10 points off promotion places, haven't checked the fixtures but if the bottom clubs aren't playing each other we could also be in the relegation zone.. I can't accept that Bruce has openly come out and said he played 5 at the back to make us more solid when we should have been targeting a victory. 

The sooner Bruce goes and takes his negative approach with him the better for us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Fair result but a poor result for a club targeting promotion - we look good when we attack and shit when we sit back - poor poor management to change a winning formation and Bruce to blame for 2 points dropped- I was incredulous when I saw his selection .

we were playing Bristol city ffs not Barcelona - let the players play their game and they are so much better - get the shackles off them .

Xia is saying September will be massive - we have 7 games of which 5 are at home and only Barnsley and burton away - we need to pick up at least 13 points from 18 this month or we will be out of touch with the leaders and Bruce will be gone in my opinion .

The xia tweet suggests to me he's got to the end of September to get results !

Well, according to many posters, it was impossible to expect Bruce, the promotion maestro, to get us up from that position last season. So are we expecting a new manager to do what Bruce could not do, or are we fated to remain in this division for another season.

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Spin this.......1 away league win in last 14 away matches 

Spin this.....Aston Villa the least amount of away wins in all 4 leagues over the past 5yrs. 25 away wins in 5 yrs. 

Blame bruce though.

Spin this at the same time. Steve Bruce has the highest win ratio of any villa manger since John gregory.

It's a funny old game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan_007 said:

Spin this at the same time. Steve Bruce has the highest win ratio of any villa manger since John gregory.

It's a funny old game.

Misleading, the fact Bruce has been playing against the likes of Burton and Rotherham, it should be expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have to see the next result to see how good of a result this actually was. 

A win after the break will mean this is a half decent point, considering both teams home/away forms.

However anything less than a win and we have big problems.

I hope that once we have a few decent away performances, and the pschhological mindset is altered, that he will start to open up more and go at teams far more! 

We have to take away the pressure of winning every home game because this will catch up with us at some point!

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Why on earth would would we view a draw at Bristol City anything but points lost.

One thing Bruce has achieved is to dampen down our expectations.

• Like 4

Â