Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, AshVilla said:

He's had 11 months.

Were still as shit as ever and we haven't improved at all.

How much more time does the clown need.

We would of normally folded tonight but we never. Since reading when he was close to sack we've improved. I'm seeing a lot of promise in this new look villa team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He could hand in his P45 for a start.

Since when is a 1 - 1 result away at Bristol City deemed a good result for a side that many predicted were going to go up as champions this season.

Laughable.

Bristol City 4-0 Huddersfield

OMG WAGNER OUT. 

• Like 1

Wasted the first 45 minutes with his stupid line up. Played well to start the 2nd half once he'd rectified that, got the lucky equaliser after going 1 down, and then he settled for the 1-1.

Look at how we were set up once we got level - our midfield 15 yards deep inside our own half letting Bristol control the ball. That wasn't because Bristol were pressuring us, or individual players weren't doing their job - they were holding a good line, a good shape - that was clearly instructions.

Bringing on Bjanasson instead of someone like Adomah confirmed it for me, yeah he'd obviously take the win if we managed to get a chance, but he wasn't going to actively seek it out.

Treating an away trip to Bristol City like we were playing at a Premier League side. The cold hard facts are 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses. Not good enough.

• Like 4

Just now, bobzy said:

Bristol City 4-0 Huddersfield

OMG WAGNER OUT. 

Is this the Huddersfield which generally play very good football with a progressive manager and are now in the Premier League or a different one?

What an extremely shit example.

lmao

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this the Huddersfield which generally play very good football with a progressive manager and are now in the Premier League or a different one?

What an extremely shit example.

lmao

No, they couldn't possibly be promoted because how the hell can anyone who draws 1-1 at Bristol City be promoted - let alone a team who loses 4-0 there. Must be a different team.

Oh wait....

Just now, bobzy said:

No, they couldn't possibly be promoted because how the hell can anyone who draws 1-1 at Bristol City be promoted - let alone a team who loses 4-0 there. Must be a different team.

Oh wait....

How are we anything like Huddersfield.

They play great football and are where they belong in the premier league.

Such a terrible example.

5 minutes ago, andym said:

Wasted the first 45 minutes with his stupid line up. Played well to start the 2nd half once he'd rectified that, got the lucky equaliser after going 1 down, and then he settled for the 1-1.

Look at how we were set up once we got level - our midfield 15 yards deep inside our own half letting Bristol control the ball. That wasn't because Bristol were pressuring us, or individual players weren't doing their job - they were holding a good line, a good shape - that was clearly instructions.

Bringing on Bjanasson instead of someone like Adomah confirmed it for me, yeah he'd obviously take the win if we managed to get a chance, but he wasn't going to actively seek it out.

Treating an away trip to Bristol City like we were playing at a Premier League side. The cold hard facts are 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses. Not good enough.

It was Bristol who settled tbh.

Just now, AshVilla said:

How are we anything like Huddersfield.

They play great football and are where they belong in the premier league.

Such a terrible example.

A "terrible example" of what? You're the one that said a 1-1 draw away at Bristol City is a terrible result for a side wanting to get promoted. I imagine those Huddersfield fans were going out of their minds after losing 4-0 there. 

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Oh wait....

It's obvious you purposely want to ignore the extreme differences in both teams/managers and circumstances.

Anomaly vs consistency and the list goes on.

I can't be bothered going into it.

My view, and many others have not just suddenly hopped about, it has taken 11 months!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Pretending people are wanting Bruce out because we drew with Bristol is delusional rubbish. All people are doing is saying it points to the ever growing mountain of evidence that demonstrates Bruce is not the man to take us up.

I don't want him out because of today, I don't want him out because of our first few games, I want him out because ten months on we still don't have a solid formation and we show no signs of improvement whatsoever. 

Amen. 

5 points from 5 games. The gap to automatic promotion could be 10 points tomorrow. It's going to get harder and harder to close that gap. And nothing from tonight makes me think we will consistently get enough points with Bruce in charge. 

It sounds like some are happy for improvement to just be a top 10 finish this year because that's the most it looks like we can achieve with this manager. 

Not the end of the world. A very good run of fixtures coming up, all very much winnable. Think we'll start climbing up the table rapidly and look much more comfortable by october

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It sounds like some are happy for improvement to just be a top 10 finish this year because that's the most it looks like we can achieve with this manager. 

If you are going to throw around such wild insults as accusing people of being happy - then at least understand what the word means. 

Results are not everything at this stage of the season. It is more important to look at the performance. Sadly the three away performances have been poor. Bruce is to blame for this. How many Bristol players would get into our team? Rhetorical question obviously! Yet Steve let's them attack time and again. If you invite pressure then guess what will happen. Boring

Yep it was a blip. He's shown himself incompetent again by changing a successful lineup and system leaving us totally on the backfoot instead of pushing on. 

A total mystery why and all on his head. 

We were so inept until he revert back but then with the wrong personnel on the pitch (is Samba EVER the right personnel?) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's obvious you purposely want to ignore the extreme differences in both teams/managers and circumstances.

Anomaly vs consistency and the list goes on.

I can't be bothered going into it.

My view, and many others have not just suddenly hopped about, it has taken 11 months!

What are you on about? I'm responding to someone saying 1-1 is a terrible result. 

Â