Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The heat on him is off this week as we have produced the results - beat bristol city and he will have bought some time and with 4 home games in the following 5 games we can get our season back on track following the poor  start .

However should we lose tomorrow and go into the international break with 4 points from 15 then the pressure will mount on Bruce and rightly so - tomorrow's game will tell us a great deal about where we are at and I hope Bruce puts out a positive team on  the front foot - should be a cracking game .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Shows how difficult it is when you start to drop points. 

then you draw 2 games in a row or W-L-L

Then you're playing catch up again.

This simply has to stop

we need a run of 10 games with max 3 draws - the we can go W-D-W--W-L-W-D or something like that.

So first step - Catch-up till 2ppg (4wins from next 4)

then 2.5ppg for 6 games (that would allow us a defeat in the 7th game

So we are looking at the next 10 games 26-28 points

a tall order

But thats what you get when you play shit in 3 out of 4 games.

I dont think Bruce can keep that kind of performance up (the players could with a manager who knows what he's doing)

I think he'll be "brave" while it works, then revert to type - which wont get us past the "playing catch-up phase".

So for me

Bruce Out still

But he's hanging on a thread with DrT (and a few fans), One defeat and the fans will turn. 2 and he's gone I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

He should go if we lose tomorrow imo.

If this club wants to show any kind of intent, we should play Bristol C of the park and win at least 0-2.

Anything less than "We mean business - type of football" (I mean in its effectivety not Barca) and he should go.

Yes that means 

Lose -> Sack

Draw -> Sack

Scrape a win -> Sack

After the Cardiff/Reading debacle, I really hope he has the team turning a corner like it is a hairpin bend.

After the promise and potential that all the team needed was a pre season to put an end to the rubbish, it didn't look good. It looked more of the same of how we finished last season. If he can maintain form and momentum from the last two games, that will be his vindication.

Like a spotty teenager wincing into the mirror on a school day morning, he needs to squeeze all that potential and talent out until it sprays on the glass so it is staring back in our face, so we can not question him  again.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"I haven't had millions to spend"

Just in case you were wondering or asking again. (*No one was asking)

He literally says it at every opportunity he gets with the press now.

It is ridiculous. He is genuinely trying to get this message across every time he opens his mouth. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"I haven't had millions to spend"

Just in case you were wondering or asking again. (*No one was asking)

He literally says it at every opportunity he gets with the press now.

Don't like it.

Whenever he says that, he sounds a bit like 'Arry Ballsackface.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We need to get to a point where a draw or defeat is an exception.....and winning is the rule.

the mentality must be win every game.

Absolutely, we need to learn to score and if that takes a few against then so be it. If Bruce tweaks this right we could have a brilliant model to take into the prem - the dream is us being dangerous but also keeping it tight, dare I say it, a bit like Man U of old. Clearly never gonna happen. But one can dream.

• Like 2

I think were far too timid as a club and we project weakness probably why other teams love to play us.

I thought we were sleeping giants then ur manager is praising Bristol city stick your chest out a bit Bruce and intimidate them a bit mourinho does it all the time we are meant to be a big club.

If it backfires then you can pull out your 300 page book of excuses.

A draw or a loss is not acceptable were already many points away from the top 2 like trent says stop mouthing off to ur chums in the press and win or the heat will be back on.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Its a pretty honest claim if he did say it.....not exactly playing to the gallery with that.....and equally not afraid to say it.

Some players do play better in games than in training, could be a bit of that.

funny how Big Ron only had Dwight in games spasmodically and it was Brian Little who gave him his wings.....it happens.

He did say that. And the point was that it was forced on him by injuries as he admitted and was not his choice. Basically he got lucky.

But lets see if he, hopefully, has learned by this, and now knows what he must do to get us promoted. Starting tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Absolutely, we need to learn to score 

You know, I'm just not sure that, for sides  that have scored 8 goals in their last 2 matches, the analysis that "we need to learn to score" totally hits the spot. ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce has reached a point with me where I no longer want to hear what he has to say, stop bleating Steve and get on with the job.

Exactly this for me, I no longer believe him or what he says and think that those who now think he is the right man for the job are destined for disappointment.  That disappointment could be as soon as tomorrow evening.

£10 to VT if a Bruce takes us up this year, I will double it for automatic promotion.

• Like 1

In Bruce's words we are "back to euphoria" after wins against Norwich and the mighty Wigan. No we aren't. We're just delighted and surprised we've scored some goals recently.

Why does he insist on using such extremes? I think he has really shown a disconnect with the fans with his recent comments. 

We have seen such poor football under his management and it's no wonder fans turned.

The "euphoria" from the fans should tell you something Steve. It should tell you that the defensive, timid and weak rubbish football you have been producing isn't what the fans want to see and you need to use the past two 4 goal hauls as a benchmark and stepping stone for the rest of the season.

If you don't then you deserve to be sacked.

Get on with it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

You know, I'm just not sure that, for sides  that have scored 8 goals in their last 2 matches, the analysis that "we need to learn to score" totally hits the spot. ;) 

That's fair, but what I think I mean is that old Bruce needs to change and be less fearful. He has got 4 promotions under his belt but every club is different and if he really wants to be a hero he needs to embrace the villa and entertain us.

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

In Bruce's words we are "back to euphoria" after wins against Norwich and the mighty Wigan. No we aren't. We're just delighted and surprised we've scored some goals recently.

Why does he insist on using such extremes? I think he has really shown a disconnect with the fans with his recent comments. 

We have seen such poor football under his management and it's no wonder fans turned.

The "euphoria" from the fans should tell you something Steve. It should tell you that the defensive, timid and weak rubbish football you have been producing isn't what the fans want to see and you need to use the past two 4 goal hauls as a benchmark and stepping stone for the rest of the season.

If you don't then you deserve to be sacked.

Get on with it.

This

• Like 1

Â