Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Results are not everything at this stage of the season. It is more important to look at the performance. Sadly the three away performances have been poor. Bruce is to blame for this. How many Bristol players would get into our team? Rhetorical question obviously! Yet Steve let's them attack time and again. If you invite pressure then guess what will happen. Boring

We all love a bit of spin - but 3 games in a week, 9 scored, two wins and a draw. That is good form. 

3 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Bruce instills the negativity. He is helping breed a culture of it, especially away from home.

He admitted on Sky that he went for 3 at the back to make us more "solid" but we were uncomfortable with it so he changed it back to saturdays formation.

Now imagine you were a villa player off the back of 2 convincing wins and some nice football thinking "here we go let's push on from here" and Bruce drops the bombshell to you that he's gonna play 5 at the back at Bristol to make you more solid.

Its these key decisions at key moments that can have a real impact on the mentality of the players and whole atmosphere of the club. 

Bruce continues to get these decisions wrong. He seems to be trying to convmake nice the players we have something to fear instead of to be feared.

He needs to go.

We've turned up to reading and Bristol afraid of what they might do, rather than being confident in what we can do. 

I've no doubt in Bruce's head it's down to FFP. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

RDM got 5 points from the first 5 games. 

Bruce gets the same after 11 months with the team and two transfer windows. 

RDM also got promoted from the championship before as well.

This was meant to be Bruce's big selling point wasn't it.

he'll sadly see this as a positive point. 5 points from 5 games. We all have to wait until he meanders along with the odd snippet of a good win at home with rubbish away, and suddenly it's mid october we're on 16 points in 13th still "waiting" to get going. Feels incredibly predictable. How long do you need to wait Tony?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Spin this.......1 away league win in last 14 away matches 

Our expectations are too high. Its all the fans fault!

Honestly, at this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

3 centre backs against Bristol City? No need for that. 

Very interesting point. I have no problem with 3 cbs. It can work well. What I do not understand is why, after stumbling upon a formation that worked so well against Norwich, you decide to change it in the very next match! That is bizarre 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Spin this.......1 away league win in last 14 away matches 

I can have a go. We have the worst away form in all the professional English leagues over the last 7 years or something. Bruce wasn't manager for most of that. 

Just now, M_Afro said:

Very interesting point. I have no problem with 3 cbs. It can work well. What I do not understand is why, after stumbling upon a formation that worked so well against Norwich, you decide to change it in the very next match! That is bizarre 

If your 3 centre backs are Luiz, Azpilicueata and Christensen it works fine, we have three stoppers.

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That can't be spun. But form is what it is. 

They were two entirely different starting elevens from both teams. It would be like picking up the U21 games and claiming they're contributing to our form. 

• Like 1

Â