Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Little to criticise him today. Got the starting tactics spot on, the inclusion of Davis shocked Norwich and they couldn't cope. He could maybe have took Davis off earlier as he was starting to tire, but apart from that we were very good. Could and probably should have scored more. Think it's something like 4 of the next 5 games (may be including today?) are at home. That could give us a lot of confidence. What we can't do is when away, go back to sitting back. Today showed we have to attack everyone, and when we do we'll beat the majority. Let's show this league who Aston Villa are.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let's show this league who Aston Villa are.

I'm far from sure we know who we are.

Who will  our owner be in a year's time?  Will the current manager still be here in a month?  What is our footballing style and philosophy?

No idea.

• Like 1

He really had nothing to lose today, a defeat and he was gone.  The question is will he learn from today's performance or revert to type?

The three standout players this year have emerged from our youth, give them their head and see where it takes us.  Someone once said "you don't win anything with kids" and look where that ended up.  If Bruce is savvy, he may have stumbled on his saviours?

would like to see the young Aussie in there too alongside Whelan, the youngsters bring real energy to the side.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get he is trying to have a dig back at us but are these types of inflammatory comments necessary?

He already said that in the pre match conference, why the need to say it again?

He is just setting himself up for vitriol if he fails again.

And to add to this, I just listened to the full post match.

He said "There is this myth I've got millions and millions to spend, I haven't spent millions" :rolleyes:etc.

• Haha 1

I don't know if any of you listened to 5 Live today. They covered the Liverpool game.

I swear, just as I connected to the station, Mark Lawrenson and the commentator (don't know the name) mentioned a Villa goal. They both intimated that the pressure SB was under at Villa was ridiculous and both said SB was absolutely the man for the job here. Lawrenson was adamant.

I think it's unfair that they seem to think it's a case of usual Villa fans, can't wait to throw the manager out. I think generally, we're better than that. We have given SB time, and we've watched him make totally obvious mistakes.

That said, they were both very pro SB. Just thought I'd mention it, FWIW.

• Like 1

we have had years of misery, failure and relegation, i think the fans have put up with so much sheer fuckwittery at this great club and Bruce must realise that even though he deserves more time and respect, that fan attitudes are that way for a good reason and if he wants to change that he has to get us competing again, no one even expects us to get promotion anymore, just to try and win games.

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we have had years of misery, failure and relegation, i think the fans have put up with so much sheer fuckwittery at this great club and Bruce must realise that even though he deserves more time and respect, that fan attitudes are that way for a good reason and if he wants to change that he has to get us competing again, no one even expects us to get promotion anymore, just to try and win games.

My expectations haven't changed. Bruce should be getting us out this league. 

• Like 3

Even though we improved in terms of shots on goal and attempts at goal, we managed the game horribly through an inability to keep the ball. We'll never keep pressure off the back 4 if we can't keep the ball better. With Hutton on the pitch we were opened up at will by a ball to Murphy. We did not look solid.

Fair play to Bruce for a home win by a couple of goals, it was great to see some of our kids playing well and hohrihane firing. We are a long way off looking like a team though and Bruce should have sorted that out by now. Winning the next one will be more significant. If Bruce manages to put a run together then fair enough. He has a LOT of work to do.

• Like 1

Nothing has changed for me. I expect Bruce to keep us in the top half and I expect us to nearly but not quite make the top six. I expect this to continue until the penny drops with Xia that SB is not going to get us out of this league. I'm not hoping he will fail but I am expecting that he will

• Like 3

Pressure certainly getting to him in the biggest job/challenge of his career so far.

Nothing but automatic promotion will be acceptable.

So he better get used to it cause we will all be breathing down his neck until such time...

Digging back at fans cause of his own inept **** ups so far is part and parcel of life at B6

Can't handle the heat...  then get the **** out the club!

:flag:

• Like 1

Imagine Hourihane scoring a hat trick playing in his preferred position for only the second time since he came here. 

I fear Bruce was saved through injury to Gabby that he had no choice but to play Davis and it came up trumps.

• Like 1

Â