Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Has he seen the light or not ?

Thats what matters.

Played 4 creative players at last.

Played Hourihane further forward at last- so it's not he couldn't 'handle a big club' he just needed to be played properly.

Finally we try to impose ourselves at least for some of the game.

If it continues, great, at last.

All eyes on Bristol Away.

Maybe hit on the right formula with a stroke of luck injury wise as I doubt Davis would have started had gabby been available - either way we have seen huge improvement and players like hourihane, green and Davis hit form - onwards and upwards from here - Bruce deserved all that was thrown at him in the last week or so - tonight he deserves some credit although surely bree should start ahead of Hutton .

• Like 2

This is why I get so annoyed with Bruce. We can play fantastic and today proved it, we were the side who could have had 5 or even 6. 

1 game isn't going to change my mind about Bruce as manager at all but he has to build on today, more performances like this. 

• Like 4

When will we get a manager who goes for the jugular after taking the lead. We always invite teams back into the game.

It's good to see us actually playing football though. Who'd have thought it would work? You mean to tell me lumping the ball up to 5'10 Hogan was not a very good tactic? Madness.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

This man still manages to anger me even after that performance. His post match interview yet again saying we've been talking nonsense and it's ridiculous. Is he going out of his way to annoy the fans? 

Deserved every word of criticism he has had - now crack on and do your job properly Bruce !

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I am not Bruce in, he has to be judged on points, but he did say he wanted a win to shut people up - TBF he got it. 

I find it a farce that it's taken all this criticism just to play an attacking lineup.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It's a good win but I think he is kidding himself if he thinks it will stop the criticism of his performance, it's going to take a lot more than that.

I've come on here to post exactly this.  A good win today yes, but still conceded two goals at home to a pretty poor side.  The gitters were still there in the second half too.  We can only judge Bruce on performances and points and I would need to see ten games like this in a row before any confidence in him returned.  The pessimist in me thinks we'll be moaning about him again next Friday night.  

Just now, AshVilla said:

I find it a farce that it's taken all this criticism just to play an attacking lineup.

I thought it was good that he felt pressured, he should. Like you, I want a different future, good football and something modern. But I can't discount the hunger of Davis, or the desire of Hourihane, It all has to be considered. Would have been much easier if we'd lost badly today. But we didn't and it has to be considered. that's all. 

Letting players play their natural game isn't that baffling yet it's something Bruce has struggled with. Now he needs to back it up. Davis deserves to start v Bristol. Hutton needs to be dropped from the squad. If RDL is fit play him if not go with Bree. Keep the same formation now for a bit no now no changes. He showed his old negative self twice today. When we went 3-1 he shuffled the midfield when it was working fine the at 4-2 he plays 5 at the back with no striker? Baffling decision but we won. Our home form isn't the problem though. A return to type away at Bristol will mean we go into a cycle of sack him after every away game then give him more time after home games! We missed a one on one in the first minute but it won't be mentioned as we continued to create and that is the key. Don't dwell on the misses carry on and create more. Hourihane was very good and showed he will score and create in this league if he gets in the final 3rd more. Down side for me is the right hand side. I'm no type sure what Elmo offers that Adomah didn't. I'm all for competition but at least let Adomah compete. Today Elmo was not the best so I'd have taken him off and told Adomah go get the shirt. You need every player fighting for a place as that builds competitiveness and raises performance. Well done today Bruce but it'll take more than a home win to get rid of all my doubts. UTV 

Edited by dn1982
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce's post match comments do absolutely nothing to endear him to me, to try and claim the reaction has been ridiculous and is based purely on a week is fiction.

Not exactly doing himself any favours having digs at fans whose criticism was totally justified .

• Like 4

He was also going on about not having millions to spend, and not being able to bring in loads in the summer.

Ignoring of course he spent over 20 million in January,  the fact the likes of Terry and Whelan who he got this summer will be on huge wages for this league, and he inherited a lot of good players as well. Its not like he has had to sell anyone he didn't want to either.

Not impressed with the tone of his interview, sounded like more excuses and like he was having a go at fans for having the audacity to be unhappy with the rubbish football we have endured under his tenure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, andym said:

He was also going on about not having millions to spend, and not being able to bring in loads in the summer.

Ignoring of course he spent over 20 million in January,  the fact the likes of Terry and Whelan who he got this summer will be on huge wages for this league, and he inherited a lot of good players as well. Its not like he has had to sell anyone he didn't want to either.

Not impressed with the tone of his interview, sounded like more excuses and like he was having a go at fans for having the audacity to be unhappy with the rubbish football we have endured under his tenure.

Agreed on all points, all he will be doing is turning more fans against him and/or hardening people's stances.

I've always quite liked Bruce despite my criticism of the job he has done that is being eroded week by week by his interviews.

I think his comments pre season and since it started have been ill advised, at times ludicrous and delusional and smack of a man struggling to understand the nature of the criticism which means little is likely to change.

I'll continue to hope he turns things around, I don't want another change of manager but he is turning me very much against him as an individual.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce's post match comments do absolutely nothing to endear him to me, to try and claim the reaction has been ridiculous and is based purely on a week is fiction.

What did he say? Am in Italy

Â