Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Bruce has to build on this result and see similar performance at Bristol - albeit a bad start the season we would climb into the top 6 with a win on Friday night even if just for a day . 

We must get some momentum now and kick on - with kodija and Jedi still to return its vital we keep up with the top pack .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce has to build on this result and see similar performance at Bristol - albeit a bad start the season we would climb into the top 6 with a win on Friday night even if just for a day . 

We must get some momentum now and kick on - with kodija and Jedi still to return its vital we keep up with the top pack .

This. Means nothing if we can't go to Ashton Gate and win the game.

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You mean it's not the main story on the Italian evening TV news???

Ha ha I think my two Italian friends are the only ones who know we exist now. 

Am going to San Siro for first time tomorrow to see Inter v Fiorentina :):) 

Not seen his post match comments as yet, but there were some good signs today. 

A decent, attacking line up. 

A higher defensive line, which didn't drop too deep, even when they had a spell in the 2nd half. 

Less long ball (although he was helped here by KD as when we did go long, he actually made it stick, so it didn't look as bad) 

Shackles were taken off the two in front of Whelan. 

I thought we defended well and played reasonably throughout. They didn't deserve two goals, there was a period of inspired play from their number 11 and we had Alan Hutton marking him, other than that we were solid. 

IF he can get that kind of performance from them most weeks, it will all work out nicely. 

One potential disaster avoided for him today, I hope he sticks with the things that got him the result today. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Not seen his post match comments as yet, but there were some good signs today. 

A decent, attacking line up. 

A higher defensive line, which didn't drop too deep, even when they had a spell in the 2nd half. 

Less long ball (although he was helped here by KD as when we did go long, he actually made it stick, so it didn't look as bad) 

Shackles were taken off the two in front of Whelan. 

I thought we defended well and played reasonably throughout. They didn't deserve two goals, there was a period of inspired play from their number 11 and we had Alan Hutton marking him, other than that we were solid. 

IF he can get that kind of performance from them most weeks, it will all work out nicely. 

One potential disaster avoided for him today, I hope he sticks with the things that got him the result today. 

That was the problem today, and not for the first time this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Surely he must realise now that he has to keep playing this team (with Bree in lieu of Hutton) in the same offensive manner, in the League.

The reason I was so optimistic about this season was, I thought he'd already realised that he needed a different approach. Two of the first three games said otherwise. 

If he doesn't see it after today, He absolutely deserves to be sacked. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I find it a farce that it's taken all this criticism just to play an attacking lineup.

Which leads to the wider question of, IF he does get us up this season.

Would you trust him with our survival, and chances of spending top dollar on players?

Lets be honest, he threw the dice today knowing defeat would probably cost him his job. 

I enjoyed today and Bruce deserves credit, but lets not kid ourselves, today isn't going to change a philosophy that he's held for 20 odd years.

I have no confidence at all that today will herald a brave new approach. With a squad worth about £70m he will soon revert to his negative ways when we play one off the "big boys" like Wolves or Leeds. 

We aren't going up with Bruce. The bloke needs to be sacked asp. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would you trust him with our survival, and chances of spending top dollar on players?

Not on current form. I dont think you can survive in the premier league by surrendering possession. This is the root of my cricism of Bruce. If he somehow changes and starts focusing on modern football, then sure. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Lets be honest, he threw the dice today knowing defeat would probably cost him his job. 

I enjoyed today and Bruce deserves credit, but lets not kid ourselves, today isn't going to change a philosophy that he's held for 20 odd years.

I have no confidence at all that today will herald a brave new approach. With a squad worth about £70m he will soon revert to his negative ways when we play one off the "big boys" like Wolves or Leeds. 

We aren't going up with Bruce. The bloke needs to be sacked asp. 

We'd look a bit daft sacking him now though wouldn't we?

9 minutes ago, Warnock said:

We'd look a bit daft sacking him now though wouldn't we?

Ok, leave it till tomorrow ;)

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus, we've won 1 **** game and you've already got us promoted and slagging him off for potentially getting us relegated again.

• Like 1

________ is shit

The issue we have with players being shit comes down to tactics

Defensive: Whelan gets tired, Hourihane and Lansbury (attacking players) are given uncomfortable roles. Wingers don't get the ball and have to come deep and the striker has to come and collect the ball meaning we can be pressed easier as all players are deep.

Thus we do not retain possession, we look knackered, players give the ball away and we give away soft goals.

Bruce and his tactics at fault.

Today, players showed that if they have more freedom we score goals and win games.

If Bruce goes 'back into his shell for Bristol City', I am going to be so pissed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Jesus, we've won 1 **** game and you've already got us promoted and slagging him off for potentially getting us relegated again.

You're obviously missing the wider point.

This is an ongoing discussion and a response to another poster.

It hasn't just sprung out of us winning one game.

The response you just gave me is the response I was giving other people in pre season.

I don't see how I've "slagged" him off either. :blink:

Â