Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I hope he wasn't sincere in his assessment of the kids today, "they showed flashes"....KD ran the show up top and was solid throughout, held the ball up, bullied there players, showed awareness and finesse, just needed a bit more luck in front of goal so no Steve, he did more than a 'few flashes' 

• Like 3

The concern for me is, that last week he was saying he didn't know how to solve the problems and this week he's saying he always knew there wasn't a crisis and it was all under control. So which is it? He seems to think that one good win wipes out that last 10 months, or 6 months in his world. 

Well done on yesterday, I wasn't there unfortunately so I can't really comment, but the radio 5 reporter, when reporting on the 4th goal, said, "Villa are making hard work of this, but that should see them over the line", so it sounds like we let them back into the game second half. As usual. It's just one game Steve, you're not talking to your mates at the BBC, we know what's been going on since you got here not just 4 games.

I do not feel confident, despite yesterdays result, that Steve Bruce is the man to take us forward.

Would I still change him if a more experienced manager became available and offered to us? - Absolutely.

He has lost my support regardless.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yesterday we played well, but the nerves are still very apparent. 10 months it has taken to put in a decent performance over 90 minutes. 

Steve now needs to stick with this team and let it gel and grow in confidence. I was watching Davis control the ball and take people on at the edge of the Norwich penalty area and was thinking to myself "I cant imagine Gabby doing anything like that" just as Davis flicked the ball on to Green who scored a sizzler. I actually clapped at my laptop!

To my mind Bruce lucked into a formation yesterday. Let's see if he changes it for the next game. His comments like "they showed flashes" imply that he probably will. If he does, he is a ******* idiot. 

And stop with the bitching against the fans Steve. The one thing you have going for you is that you are supposed to be a nice bloke. Comments like you have been making, blaming the fans expectations for your ineptitude just make you look like a classless clearing in the woods. 

Shut your mouth, put in a decent run of performances like that and I will start to believe. Until then you are still on borrowed time. 

This.

Sums it up for me.  :thumb:

Good platform to build off at Bristol on Friday.

Not many miles on the clock in September, 4 of the 6 games are at home with just a short trip to Burton then up the road to Barnsley. 

No point getting to excited with the table till 10 games have gone. 

We will be Top Of The League going into the International break sports fans :D 

Edited by Kingman

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We win 4-2 and he still moans about being restricted and how he hasn't spent much money. 

He just doesn't want to be liked. 

I didn't interpret it like that - I think it was more a "comeback" on his part against people who have stated we've spent £70m and should therefore be getting promoted.

He was saying he hasn't spent anywhere near that money.

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do not feel confident, despite yesterdays result, that Steve Bruce is the man to take us forward.

Would I still change him if a more experienced manager became available and offered to us? - Absolutely.

He has lost my support regardless.

"More experienced" is an interesting choice of words. Who would you replace Bruce with in this instance?

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Shit manager but got right selection today and we played well

Question is why it took so long

He admitted his hand was forced as gabby wasn't fit and hogan wasn't 100% - he got the right formula finally but through luck rather than judgement - let's hope he gives Davis a run and doesn't bring back gabby .

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well done on yesterday, I wasn't there unfortunately so I can't really comment, but the radio 5 reporter, when reporting on the 4th goal, said, "Villa are making hard work of this, but that should see them over the line", so it sounds like we let them back into the game second half. As usual. It's just one game Steve, you're not talking to your mates at the BBC, we know what's been going on since you got here not just 4 games.

Talksport said we should have won by more. I didn't see the game myself as I was out but it sounded as though we were decent

One swallow doesn't make a summer though and we need to be far more consistent. Maybe II'm easily pleased but i'm more hopeful now after yesterdays result.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I didn't interpret it like that - I think it was more a "comeback" on his part against people who have stated we've spent £70m and should therefore be getting promoted.

He was saying he hasn't spent anywhere near that money.

He specifically said he wants to spend more but we just can't. Fair enough he can make it clear he hasn't spent massive sums but for championship standards he's certainly spent a fair amount and he's managed to bring in the biggest name the league has probably ever seen. 

Just wish he'd shut up about it. Stop trying to excuse things. The aim is promotion. He needs to just deal with it. He's doing himself no favours with the fan base for when the next poor spell hits. 

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, DCJonah said:

He specifically said he wants to spend more but we just can't. Fair enough he can make it clear he hasn't spent massive sums but for championship standards he's certainly spent a fair amount and he's managed to bring in the biggest name the league has probably ever seen. 

Just wish he's shut up about it. So trying to excuse things. The aim is promotion. He needs to just deal with it. He's doing himself no favours with the fan base for when the next poor spell hits. 

Yeah, he wants to improve the side but is hampered by FFP.

I dunno - the guy has taken a lot of stick, I think he's right to fight his own corner.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, he wants to improve the side but is hampered by FFP.

I dunno - the guy has taken a lot of stick, I think he's right to fight his own corner.

I understand wanting to fight his corner but it's a weak excuse. Most managers in this league would love to have the resources he's had with fees and wages and attracting players over other clubs. And yet for weeks he's constantly talking about being restricted. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I understand wanting to fight his corner but it's a weak excuse. Most managers in this league would love to have the resources he's had with fees and wages and attracting players over other clubs. And yet for weeks he's constantly talking about being restricted. 

I agree, Bruce has got more resources than anyone in the league. Automatic promotion is what is required - he'll struggle to deliver a top ten finish. Bruce out

• Like 1

Â