Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's football though isn't it? That's how young players get their chances. 

And I think we played well enough anyway that we'd have still won with Gabby up top. 

You think ? - well I feel you might be in a minority on this Stevo - it's really now time to move on 

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You think ? - well I feel you might be in a minority on this Stevo - it's really now time to move on 

Yes I think we would have still won, while not playing as well as we did as Davis contributed a lot more than Gabby would have.

A lot of good stuff happened yesterday behind Davis.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yes I think we would have still won, while not playing as well as we did as Davis contributed a lot more than Gabby would have.

Davis was dragging people out of position by tracking back and finding space and thus opening space for those behind him.

As you say, far more than Gabby would have done.

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Davis was dragging people out of position by tracking back and finding space and thus opening space for those behind him.

As you say, far more than Gabby would have done.

Yes, agreed.

My point is that while Davis undoubtedly contributed, it was a good performance all round. We did enough all over the park to win that game.

Replacing Gabby with Davis didn't single handedly win us that game, although it definitely helped.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly so I a little surprised that you think Gabby would have offfered the same as Davis - he's done Stevo imo and it's better to move on without him 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave J said:

Exactly so I a little surprised that you think Gabby would have offfered the same as Davis - he's done Stevo imo and it's better to move on without him 

He wouldn't have offered the same as Davis. 

I never said he would have.

Have you run out of real posts about Gabby to argue with so you're inventing new ones?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He wouldn't have offered the same as Davis. 

I never said he would have.

Have you run out of real posts about Gabby to argue with so you're inventing new ones?

I'm glad that you also feel Gabby would not have offered the same as Davis - we finally agree on something - do relax a little Stevo - I've explained this is just a little bit of fun - don't get so uptight over this :-) 

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I'm glad that you also feel Gabby would not have offered the same as Davis - we finally agree on something - do relax a little Stevo - I've explained this is just a little bit of fun - don't get so uptight over this :-) 

I'm not uptight. I was just wondering what you were going on about.

21 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Lol he literarily never said anything to suggest that ^_^

Â