Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Only he was a first team player when he signed. Plus I don't think you can spend that sort of money on a player who you aren't going to play then moan about FFP

He should drop Hutton and I think he will. But if he does and Bree has a nightmare watch how many fans attack Bruce for playing Bree. 

Anyway I'm going to enjoy the victory now and get pissed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This will fall on deaf ears, but this was a very good win today, but it does not excuse the shite we have seen before it. The only conclusion I can think of is that perhaps it is too early to make assumptions, I honestly think that this is about the men on the field more than the manager, who basically relies on them. 

I think he was forced into the changes that made the difference today.  I'm not knocking him for it, and I hope he takes this on board for the future.  The difference for players like Davis and Green is largely they aren't weighed down by the club, the fans, the price tag, or whatever.  They add pace as well.  I just wish he'd go the whole hog and give Bree a run at right back instead of Hutton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Only he was a first team player when he signed. Plus I don't think you can spend that sort of money on a player who you aren't going to play then moan about FFP

I don't see the relevance of him being a first team player at Barnsley particularly.  Plenty of young players at smaller clubs get bought and not played immediately.  Josh Murphy (who looked good today) was signed by Newcastle for £12m and immediately loaned back to Norwich to continue playing.

He's a 19 year old that we signed for £3m (that sort of money?! lol).  He'll get his chance and is just being brought in slowly.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know where your coming from but his decisions often get judged after the event. If Davis had a c**p game today he would have got destroyed for starting him. If we kept a clean sheet then his Hutton decision was not even talked about.

He gets it wrong a lot but sometimes he gets it right but it still goes wrong. Too many hindsight opinions. I'm not defending Bruce so don't get me wrong. I think he is a poor manager. But I do think sometimes he can never get it right in some fans eyes.

We could go on all night mate but the simple basic principle for me is that a result doesn't and cannot always dictate if a manager got things right or wrong.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I think he was forced into the changes that made the difference today.  I'm not knocking him for it, and I hope he takes this on board for the future.  The difference for players like Davis and Green is largely they aren't weighed down by the club, the fans, the price tag, or whatever.  They add pace as well.  I just wish he'd go the whole hog and give Bree a run at right back instead of Hutton.

Yeah me too, I don't like it when players do bad, but I am glad that Hutton is folding, cos I want Bree to start every game. I don't know he was forced into changes, he has been smashed about picking certain players and then not using Hogan properly, today it changed, and thanks to the men on the pitch we got the result. I am saying Bruce is nothing more than the guy who picks the team. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't see the relevance of him being a first team player at Barnsley particularly.  Plenty of young players at smaller clubs get bought and not played immediately.  Josh Murphy (who looked good today) was signed by Newcastle for £12m and immediately loaned back to Norwich to continue playing.

He's a 19 year old that we signed for £3m (that sort of money?! lol).  He'll get his chance and is just being brought in slowly.

It's relevant because he was a first team player therefore he was already established in this league. The situation with Newcastle isn't really comparable particularly given the FFP point I made previously which you've not commented on.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

We could go on all night mate but the simple basic principle for me is that a result doesn't and cannot always dictate if a manager got things right or wrong.

To be honest I agree. I think it's just got to the stage where I know Bruce isn't going anywhere and it's going to make us play good football so getting results is about as right as he can get it. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Newcastle bought his brother, Jacob.

• Like 1

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but a positive response to a crap start to the season.

it is something to build on, not saying I want Bruce to stay but we have to build on this result and winning feeling.

• Like 1

Has he seen the light or not ?

Thats what matters.

Played 4 creative players at last.

Played Hourihane further forward at last- so it's not he couldn't 'handle a big club' he just needed to be played properly.

Finally we try to impose ourselves at least for some of the game.

If it continues, great, at last.

All eyes on Bristol Away.

• Like 2

Its jekyl and hyde, we haven't seen the actual norm yet. Bruce had today, just about, to show that he was better than last game and the players he picked took their chance. I still don't know who we are or what our chances are. 

• Like 1

If we can just keep playing attaching football I don't mind. I was still annoyed that from 3-1 all the way to 4-2 we sat back and let them attack us, win possession, pass to Johnstone, hoof and then lose possession again. That HAS to stop. 

Â