Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well in mine, to say if you win he got it right and if we don't he didn't is way too simplistic.

Does he get any credit for today, absolutely as Davis sounds like he had a really big role to play. But I would still say he got it wrong playing Hutton. So as I said, too simplistic. 

But a win today isn't going to be remotely close to being enough to alter people's view on Bruce or his tenure to date and neither should it.

I don't think Hutton played too badly until Josh Murphy torn him a new one - Bruce saw it happening, took him off and brought on Bree.

Sensible all round.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree but over a season I would take anti football 1-0 wins all season if it meant we went up. 

We could have scored about 8 today. I'll give him credit for that. 

I still don't like him or will change my view on Bruce but I accept if we win games he isn't getting sacked. 

Who wouldn't? I think everyone would take that.

And obviously if he wins games he won't get sacked.

The point is he hasn't been successful in winning enough games and a lot of people, myself included, that is largely due to his 'tactics' and largely negative approach.

Great to see us score a few goals today but it's more rare than a Hutton sold performance.

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't think Hutton played too badly until Josh Murphy torn him a new one - Bruce saw it happening, took him off and brought on Bree.

Sensible all round.

Other than buying Bree and continuing to pick Hutton you mean?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just goes to show how much is in the hands of the players. 

It's a mix.  Hourihane undoubtedly played further forward this game - he scored 3.  Before, he's played in a deeper role.  It wasn't the player doing that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

For me this just proves we have the right players.. still question marks over the manager. We have to build on this now

Yep. Because ask yourself. If Hogan was 100% and Bacuna still here what would the team have been? 

This will fall on deaf ears, but this was a very good win today, but it does not excuse the shite we have seen before it. The only conclusion I can think of is that perhaps it is too early to make assumptions, I honestly think that this is about the men on the field more than the manager, who basically relies on them. 

• Like 2

What a difference it is, to have the rest of Saturday evening NOT spoilt by a shite Villa result. 

Whatever I think of Bruce I'm glad we got 3 points and hope for many more. I like this thing called , oh what was it, oh yeah that was it, "winning". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Other than buying Bree and continuing to pick Hutton you mean?

Bought youth player, continued to play experienced player.  Hardly a crime - happens pretty much everywhere.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Who wouldn't? I think everyone would take that.

And obviously if he wins games he won't get sacked.

The point is he hasn't been successful in winning enough games and a lot of people, myself included, that is largely due to his 'tactics' and largely negative approach.

Great to see us score a few goals today but it's more rare than a Hutton sold performance.

I know where your coming from but his decisions often get judged after the event. If Davis had a c**p game today he would have got destroyed for starting him. If we kept a clean sheet then his Hutton decision was not even talked about.

He gets it wrong a lot but sometimes he gets it right but it still goes wrong. Too many hindsight opinions. I'm not defending Bruce so don't get me wrong. I think he is a poor manager. But I do think sometimes he can never get it right in some fans eyes.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Get us back to a 2pt per game average and I may change my mind

Good start today. 

Exactly where I am. Good result today but has to follow it up with a win against Bristol City next week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Bought youth player, continued to play experienced player.  Hardly a crime - happens pretty much everywhere.

Only he was a first team player when he signed. Plus I don't think you can spend that sort of money on a player who you aren't going to play then moan about FFP

• Like 2

Â